Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Good Boy! (2003) (Read 5,924 times)
cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Good Boy! (2003)
12. Feb 2003 at 04:32
Print Post  

Good Boy!

Liam Aiken

Synopsis:

Twelve-year-old Owen Baker (Liam Aiken) has been working as a dog-walker all summer, and his hard work has finally paid off - he gets to adopt a dog of his own! But Owen gets more than puppy love when he discovers his new dog, Hubble (voiced by Matthew Broderick), is actually an interplanetary scout from the Dog Star Sirius.

Thousands of years ago, dogs from Sirius came to colonize and dominate Earth. But rumors have spread across the galaxy that these Earth dogs have strayed from their original mission, and Hubble has been sent to investigate. Now Owen must help Hubble train a group of undisciplined neighborhood dogs to shape up for a visit from their leader, the powerful Greater Dane - and the fate of all Earth dogs hangs in the balance.

-----------------
image expired
« Last Edit: 01. Jul 2008 at 04:32 by Zabladowski »  

IP Logged

kidflix

Good Boy!
Reply #1 - 12. Feb 2003 at 14:12
Print Post  
Looks good. You can't go wrong with "boys and their dogs" movies

IP Logged

josephk
Platinum Member

Good Boy!
Reply #2 - 12. Feb 2003 at 20:31
Print Post  
Oh yes you can! Smiley The Trial of Old Drum was a total disaster... in spite of the fact that the very cute Bobby Edner was in it (and did an excellent job).

But I agree, this one looks good and I'm looking forward to it. (My favourite "boy and his dog" movie is My Dog Skip.)

PS: Welcome to BoyActors, kidflix. Glad to have you with us. Smiley

(Edited by josephk at 10:31 pm on Feb. 12, 2003)

IP Logged

kidflix

Good Boy!
Reply #3 - 13. Feb 2003 at 03:49
Print Post  
Thanks. A great place, indeed.

IP Logged

hosenhaus
BA Moderator

spheroid

Good Boy!
Reply #4 - 13. Feb 2003 at 07:45
Print Post  
Disasters of boy and dog movies... "In the Doghouse" with Trevor Morgan.  Now THAT movie was a real "dog"...

I thought "The Trial of Old Drum" was OK.

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Good Boy!
Reply #5 - 13. Feb 2003 at 08:04
Print Post  
I thought 'The Trial of Old Drum' was ok too.

..but the Beethoven movies were real dogs IMO.

IP Logged

YoungArthur
Ex Member

Hagrid's Helper

Good Boy!
Reply #6 - 13. Feb 2003 at 14:11
Print Post  
I'm sure I'll be seeing this one when it comes out.  Liam Aiken's eyes remind me of HJO.

'Goodbye, My Lady' with Brandon DeWilde comes to mind as one of the better boy/dog movies.

IP Logged

josephk
Platinum Member

Good Boy!
Reply #7 - 13. Feb 2003 at 18:25
Print Post  
The Trial of Old Drum would have been a great movie if the stupid narrator could have shut up for more than three minutes at a time and let us enjoy the movie. He completely ruined it for me and I wish some editor had had the sense to cut him out of the picture.

I own it on DVD and I'm not getting rid of it, because Bobby Edner is adorable in it. But I gave the movie 3/10 on IMDb.

IP Logged

Zabladowski
BA Moderator

The Wish Meister

Good Boy!
Reply #8 - 13. Feb 2003 at 20:07
Print Post  
Joseph,

While I agree that the narrator was in the way, to some minds (though none in this forum) he was THE star (Randy Travis). They wouldnt've dared trim him; just be glad you didn't have to see him much and hope that Bobby Edner wasn't too scarred by the idea that he might look like that when he grows up. Smiley

Btw I gave "Old Drum" a 6 on IMDB. My nomination for the worst boy and his dog movie would be Far From Home:The Adventures of Yellow Dog, although the other Paul Franklin Dano/Billy Kay movie "The Newcomers" is really, really bad as well and features a boy/dog relationship.

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Good Boy!
Reply #9 - 13. Feb 2003 at 20:09
Print Post  
I saw Liam Aiken this week on a recent episode of Law and Order CI...  he is still very appealing and gave a very good performance.  He's another kid I'll bet will successfully make the transition to adult actor.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print