Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Children On Their Birthdays (2002) (Read 3,479 times)
Lite
Platinum Member

AKA Teddy Bear

Children On Their Birthdays (2002)
05. Mar 2003 at 10:31
Print Post  

In the summer of 1947, a mysterious thirteen-year-old girl, accompanied by her mute mother, seemingly appears from nowhere. When two thirteen-year-old boys fall deeply in love with her, they find themselves on a collision course with one another that could not only destroy their friendship, but take the tiny town of Medda, Alabama with them.

This looks a pretty good movie, Smiley
« Last Edit: 03. Jun 2004 at 09:21 by cal-Q-L8 »  

IP Logged

hosenhaus
BA Moderator

spheroid

Reply #1 - 12. Jun 2003 at 05:22
Print Post  
See some of my pics in the trivia thread (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)
Worth watching if you like these boys.
Extras on the DVD include interview footage.

IP Logged

Sir Jacob
Global Moderator

Big Daddy...The Message
Master.

Reply #2 - 12. Jun 2003 at 13:28
Print Post  
I bought it after reading this thread, and I enjoyed it a lot when I watched it. Smiley

I wouldn't say that it's a dvd that anyone should buy to add to their collection, but it did have some good moments and an interesting story. I even did a thread at DS based on one of the scenes, where the boyfriend of Joe Pichler's mother says something about taking him fishing someday soon (as if asking for permission), and the mother replies with [paraphrasing] something like "I believe that's between you and him." I liked that reply from a mom. Smiley

Love,
Sir J

IP Logged

Zabladowski
BA Moderator

The Wish Meister

Reply #3 - 13. Jun 2003 at 21:40
Print Post  
Thanks for all of the input guys......

Teddy,  my take on the film is similar to Sir J's; while it is not an essential must-see film, it's not bad either. It's essentially a children's film with the characters not drawn quite as broadly as you might expect them to be.
Being a big Malcolm in the Middle fan, I had trouble believing that Tania Raymonde was a southern belle, I kept expecting her to turn back into a Krelboyne at any minute Smiley

Joe Pichler does a fine job and Jesse Plemons plays a character too similar to his role in Like Mike.

Overall movie rating 7/10 boy movie rating 7/10.  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print