Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Josh and S.A.M. (1993) (Read 2,163 times)
devon
Ex Member

Josh and S.A.M. (1993)
01. May 2003 at 22:19
Print Post  

I thought this would be a nice movie from which to make some caps. Actually, it seems I already did, but maybe I just didn't post them before.

Jacob Tierney was my favourite in the movie. Noah Fleiss was okay, but Jacob was ... just ... yeah.

Josh is played by Jacob Tierney. Josh is about 12 in the movie. He and Sam are brothers. Their father and mother are divorced, and they have some stepbrothers too. Josh is not exactly macho in his role. This is noted by his stepbrothers.

Sam, similarly, is a little out of the ordinary, a heck of a football player (American Football), but kind of out of it academically. Sam is seven years old in the movie.

The boys' mother decides to spend some time in Europe with her boyfriend and has Josh and Sam go to their father's home a couple weeks ahead of schedule. Once there, the boys, especially Josh, have a tough time fitting in. Josh and Sam decide to run away.

Josh convinces Sam that he is actually a robot, and is about to be activated for battle by the US government. The two run away from home, Josh because he doesn't fit in, and Sam because he doesn't want to be put in combat. On the way they steal a car, beat up a freaky guy that was going to beat up Josh, meet up with a beautiful woman, almost get arrested, and in general, get in to more trouble than they know how to get out of.

This is a great movie. It stretches credibility only a little bit, and it's so replete with beautiful photography that it deserves a serious watch. Have fun.
« Last Edit: 07. Jul 2008 at 06:08 by Zabladowski »  

IP Logged

Sir Jacob
Global Moderator

Big Daddy...The Message
Master.

Re: Josh and Sam
Reply #1 - 27. Mar 2004 at 15:20
Print Post  
I finally got to see this one, and I loved it.  Smiley

devon's synopsis here pretty much tells it right... except for one thing.  Noah Fleiss was wonderful in it!  I think I have all of his movies now that are available (even 'An Unexpected Family'!).   Grin

Love,
Sir J

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print