Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Next of Kin (Read 5,402 times)
Shiralee
Ex Member

Next of Kin
19. May 2003 at 14:36
Print Post  
Do you remember them Next of Kin they ahd two top 20 hits in 1999 they were 3 brothers then aged 13,15 and 18 .I think they are trying to make a comeback,but been a while now 4 years (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) heres what they are up to now.Kieran was my favourite Smiley

IP Logged

Sir Jacob
Global Moderator

Big Daddy...The Message
Master.

Next of Kin
Reply #1 - 19. May 2003 at 15:53
Print Post  
Shiralee, I read something about Next Of Kin somewhere recently, but I've never heard their music. They're perhaps a bit old for the type of music that I prefer now, and I'm actually more into boychoir music at my current stage in life than I am into boybands. Occasionally, though, I do hear one that I like, or a particular song by one that I like, and I'd love to know more about the type of music they used to do when they were younger. Smiley

I went to the website and saw reference to a couple of cd singles that they released at some point, but I didn't find any samples of their music to listen to. Did I not look in the right place?

Anyway, maybe someone here knows more about them. They did (or at least the youngest one did) look cute in the pic on the cover of one of those cd singles. Smiley

If you want to hear some good music from the UK, though, try the St Phillip's Boys Choir.  *sigh*

Love,
Sir J

IP Logged

Shiralee
Ex Member

Next of Kin
Reply #2 - 19. May 2003 at 16:41
Print Post  
Hi Sir J,
          Erm I don't think their is any sample of their music on that web page.Their sound is a bit Hansonish.They had two Hits in the UK in 1999 and then their management dropped them and they have never been lucky enough since to get another record deal:(which is a shame as they were talented wrote their own lyrics and music.Kieran the youngest one was my favourite:).I have their cd's and also an unreleased album that their last manager sold to fans through their old website.I can't think where you hear their music really maybe on (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) 24 hours from you was their most famous release.Hope that helps.Where can I hear the music you like?

Shiralee

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Next of Kin
Reply #3 - 20. May 2003 at 07:31
Print Post  
Here are some pics I have of when they were younger:

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Shiralee
Ex Member

Next of Kin
Reply #4 - 20. May 2003 at 13:37
Print Post  
cool pics thanx:)I wonder if they'll ever make a comeback now.I heard they have a new band member now think its a cousin of there.They had cool hair too Smiley

IP Logged

Sir Jacob
Global Moderator

Big Daddy...The Message
Master.

Next of Kin
Reply #5 - 20. May 2003 at 16:12
Print Post  
<i>Where can I hear the music you like?</i>

In my house, almost all day and night, unless I'm watching a good boymove. :biggrin:

Okay, if that won't work, follow these links:

This one is for the St. Phillip's Boys Choir (Angel Voices).

These are covers of their older albums, less known than the Angel Voices covers you might have seen before.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

This one is for Declan Galbraith:

Or, listen to clips here:

Oh, and here's a great article about him.  Smiley

That's some of the music I like.  Smiley

Love,
Sir J

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Next of Kin
Reply #6 - 20. May 2003 at 22:41
Print Post  
I like all of that music SJ... 

Declan is one of my current favourites to listen to.  I went through a phase for a couple of years of almost exclusively listening to boy choir music...

Right now I'm back into "Classic Rock".  I wish a few boys would sing that sort of stuff which would give them a chance to wear some creative clothing and the opportunity to gyrate and prance around the stage.

The songs that many of our young favourites sing are often too bland and too religious to endure indefinitely.  I need to get into some of the grittier more down to earth stuff...

IP Logged

Sir Jacob
Global Moderator

Big Daddy...The Message
Master.

Next of Kin
Reply #7 - 21. May 2003 at 00:45
Print Post  
<i>I wish a few boys would sing that sort of stuff which would give them a chance to wear some creative clothing and the opportunity to gyrate and prance around the stage.</i>

Well, I've got a cd and a video of the Mini-Beats.  :biggrin:

I've also got a video of the Chippendiddys, if you want to see gyration, sans their shirts.  Smiley

I must say that the Vienna Boys Choir's attempts to do pop music was pretty disappointing, though, even though I was very excited about it and pre-ordered it even before it was released. The arrangements just didn't take advantage of their talents, and I think the guy who produced it was more interested in showing off his own tastes, which kinda sucked. Smiley

Love,
Sir J

IP Logged

Shiralee
Ex Member

Next of Kin
Reply #8 - 21. May 2003 at 16:33
Print Post  
I shall check out those site and to hear the music you like Sir J Smiley thank you.I have never heard of anyof them before.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print