Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Print
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Harry Potter And The Prisoner of Azkaban (Read 24,254 times)
josephk
Platinum Member

Re: Harry Potter And The Prisoner of Azkaban
Reply #15 - 15. Sep 2003 at 18:57
Print Post  
Well, good for him. Always nice to see some of our favourite actors winning awards.

Did you watch the (tiny little minuscule) video of him giving his thank you speech on the set of Prisoner of Azkaban? Wo! How old is he now anyway? His voice is deeper than mine! Cheesy

IP Logged

apple
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #16 - 29. Sep 2003 at 11:28
Print Post  
another video worth watching.

tom (and emma).

and harrison the extra!

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

apple
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #17 - 07. Nov 2003 at 02:17
Print Post  
latest pix

IP Logged

del bosque
Silver Member

Reply #18 - 07. Nov 2003 at 04:55
Print Post  
Nice link, thanks aaaa.  I don't want to sound boring but those boys are looking a LOT older than 14.  It makes you wonder when they actually filmed the first movie, looks like years ago.  Tom would pass for 20 in that picture.  Still looking forward to seeing the movie, though and, as has been said ad nauseum, the characters age in the ongoing story as well. I noticed in another picture from POA that Bronson Webb is in the movie also.  He's the only good thing about UK Ch 5's Harry & Cosh.

IP Logged

YoungArthur
BA Moderator

Hagrid's Helper

Reply #19 - 07. Nov 2003 at 18:02
Print Post  
Thanks for the update,aaaa.  Can't get enough of those pre-views.

As Cal pointed out,  they've been consistently making excellent cast choices for this series.  Still waiting to see who they will find to play Mad-eye Moody in the next film.  I'm still available  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

apple
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #20 - 09. Nov 2003 at 03:31
Print Post  
BARF! BARF!

proposed girlfriend for harry!

those breasts are really disgusting IMO - are boys really attracted to misshapen giant ones like that?
-----------------------------------
EXCLUSIVE: Witch will be Cho-sen one for Harry?

Potter shocker

By Ben Proctor

THIS saucy sorceress could soon send Harry and his magic wand potty!

Curvy Michelle Ang is the odds-on favourite to be Potter's girlfriend Cho Chang in the fourth movie.

And it looks like the Malaysian muggle won't mind revealing her chambers of secrets to the teenage wizard, played by Daniel Radcliffe.

Sexy Michelle, 19, who quit Aussie soap Neighbours, looks set to play Harry's love in Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire.

But she's not the only Harry hotty up for the role. She must ward off two others who are trying to Slytherin.

Korean pop sensation Kwan Boa and British-born Californian model Jennifer Nguyen also hope to use their magic charms to land the role.

A movie insider said: "Harry has his first kiss with Cho in J K Rowling's fourth instalment. She's a key part in Harry's life."

All the contenders are gorgeous. Bet Harry can't wait to find out witch is the Cho-sen one

----------------------------

« Last Edit: 13. Nov 2003 at 19:57 by cal-Q-L8 »  

IP Logged

apple
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #21 - 09. Nov 2003 at 03:47
Print Post  
accolade for author
------------------------

HERE'S LADY HOGWARTS

sunday mirror Nov 9 2003

PM conjures up a peerage for loyal JK

Exclusive by Chris Mclaughlin And Gill Smith

HARRY potter author JK Rowling is to be offered a peerage by Tony Blair.

The writer will be made a baroness in recognition of her contribution to literature.

She is being included on a list of new "working peers" drawn up by Mr Blair to bolster the Government in the House of Lords.

A senior MP who has worked on the list said: "JK Rowling is definitely going to be there, if she agrees. She's a long-standing Labour supporter and would be a very valued member of the Lords."

JK's association with Labour is linked to her close friendship with Chancellor Gordon Brown and his wife Sarah. She was among the first visitors to Edinburgh Royal Infirmary last month when their son John was born.

Mum-of-two Rowling, 38, and Sarah met through their mutual interest in charity work and both worked on projects for the National Council for One-Parent Families, for which JK is an ambassador.

Rowling, who launched the boy wizard in 1997, once survived on just £70 benefits and was forced to take refuge in an Edinburgh cafe to keep warm.

It was there that she penned the first of the Harry Potter stories which would make her world-famous. Her books have been published in more than 40 languages earning her a £300million fortune. Last year alone she earned a staggering £125million from sales of the fifth Potter novel the Order of the Phoenix.

Mother-of-two JK owns three homes, including a £750,000 Edinburgh mansion she shares with her second husband Dr Neil Murray.

She is likely to be offered her peerage in one of the New Year or Birthday Honours lists to be agreed between Downing Street and the Queen over the next year.

Although she is a Labour supporter, she has previously criticised the Government's policy on one-parent families. She has also been a passionate campaigner for the Multiple Sclerosis Society after her mother Anne died from the illness at the age of 45.

Rowling's acceptance of a peerage will help ease the burden on current Labour peers who have complained that they are overworked.

The hours in the Lords have got longer because of the weight of legislation needing scrutiny.

The Government does not have an overall majority in the Lords and peers argue that they are being overstretched to get new laws through.

Last week Tory and Lib Dem peers blocked legislation on foundation hospitals.

wizardly wealth
A £300m fortune
230m books sold
Paid £125m a yr
£750k mansion

IP Logged

apple
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #22 - 07. Dec 2003 at 05:14
Print Post  
he cannot fly a real broomstick, nor does he wear glasses - but meet the real-life harry potter.

ryan quinn who is crazy about the boy wizard's adventures, could prove himself our next world cup hero by capturing the Golden Snitch.

the ten-year-old has outsmarted 21 finalists to represent Britain in the first worldwide Quidditch competition.

twelve expert computer gamers will don their national colours this month for a knockout final of the best-selling game based on the potter adventures.

"i am a massive harry potter fan and i love computer games, so this is a great combination for me", said ryan.

"i'm really excited about the final"

as a reward for qualifying, the ten-year-old will be immortalised in the new prisoner of azbakan video game due out next summer.

his portrait will appear on a wall at hogwarts school.

for the uninitiated quidditch is a kind of airborne polo.

the british final was held at the software house where the potter games are developed - (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) - in chertsey, surrey.

cheered on by family and friends, ryan, from (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links), made a dive for the golden snitch to secure a place in the final at the tower of london on december 21.

"i entered the contest because i love the game.

"it would be thrilling if i took the world champion title", said ryan.
----------
article extracted from print edition of metro newspaper - december 9.

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #23 - 09. Dec 2003 at 03:26
Print Post  
I enjoy watching kids play video or computer games..  their facial expressions and body movements are highly entertaining.  Competitions like this sound like a good idea for a TV series to me...  I'd watch.

IP Logged

apple
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #24 - 22. Dec 2003 at 13:31
Print Post  
the quidditch tournament - sponsored by nintendo - was won by japan's hidenori panaka, 14.

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #25 - 23. Dec 2003 at 07:51
Print Post  
Sounds like it was a really magical event...  it would be great if it becomes an annual event...

..but I want TV coverage!

IP Logged

apple
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #26 - 24. Dec 2003 at 08:44
Print Post  
british politician flaunts HP trivia - but flunks general knowledge.

[for non-brits- david blunkett is home secretary (in charge of law, prisons, immigration and other stuff - [website - homeoffice.gov.uk]

IP Logged

apple
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #27 - 03. Feb 2004 at 03:21
Print Post  
rupert and emma get slimed by nickelodeon superbowlophiles!
---------
don't know if this has been mentioned here or at B.O.Y.S.

but in case it hasn't :

[pix at link.]
-------

Here's the transcript of Rupert Grint and Emma Watson's apperance on Nickelodeon Takes Over the Superbowl.

Candice: Now let's go over to England to see what they think of the Superbowl--

Brent:I need a timeout here Candice. In England, when they say 'Football', they're really talking about 'Soccer'. These guys won't even know what we're talking about.

Candice: You're right. Let's take it easy on 'em. Emma, Rupert...are you there?

Emma & Rupert: Hi Brent, Candice.

Candice: So are you guys big football fans?

Emma: Oh yea, we love it!

Brent: Ok, so let's start with the basics. How many goals will Carolina score tonight?

Emma: Goals? Don't you mean touchdowns?

Brent: Haha, yea touchdowns...right.

Emma: Well, it's tough to say. Both teams are decicive powerhouses so I
think it's imperative that there are no mistakes made on either side.

Brent: Ha, lucky guess. She's got that British accent so she think she knows what she's talking about. Watch this: Hey Rupert...tell me... (Starts talking really fast to trick him) can the Patriots offense get anything done against the disguise blitz game of the Panthers?

Rupert: Hmmm...good question Brent. I feel that if the running backs can pick up the Blitz, and if they linemen can stay in their lanes, they may make their blocks. Yea it's simple stuff really.

Brent: Right...of course...Haha...Candice a little help here?

Candice: Yea, so what role do you think slime will play in the game?

Emma: Haha...I don't understand

Candice: You know...slime...it's a fundamental aspect of football.

Emma: I have to say I don't think it will play a role at all.

Candice: Oh really? (Presses button and Emma & Rupert get slimed). Nice talking to you guys!

IP Logged

apple
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #28 - 27. Apr 2004 at 03:01
Print Post  

interview with dan
--------
HARRY Potter star Daniel Radcliffe has been at the centre of a global phenomenon for the past four years — and he is only just approaching his 15th birthday.

The youngster was mobbed by 3,000 screaming girls in Japan, which was more than the number who turned out to welcome Tom Cruise, Leonardo DiCaprio or Sir Paul McCartney.

Now, in his first full interview for two years, Dan talks about his private world, about coping with life as a film star — and the new Potter movie.

The third film of JK Rowling’s Potter novels, The Prisoner of Azkaban, opens in the UK on June 4.

As the picture above shows, Dan is keen to ditch his image as a cute child actor.

Instead of Potter’s bookish glasses and magic wand there is a V-shaped guitar, Darkness album and a takeaway pizza.

GROWING UP

<b>HAVE you gone back and watched the first two films at all?</b>

I haven’t seen the first one in a few years. I don’t want to watch it. I won’t go back while I’m doing the fourth one.

Actually, I was flicking through the channels one day and I saw a bit of the first film and I genuinely thought there was something wrong with the sound because our voices were so high.

It sounded like I was on helium, it was bizarre, and I genuinely thought there was something wrong with it.

I will probably watch them one day for fun — although I’m not sure how much fun it would be because I’m really self-critical.

I don’t like watching myself at all but luckily I can detach myself from it.

ON DEBUT
AS HARRY

'I'll see it again one day but I'm a big self-critic'

ON HARRY

<b>CAN you just snap into Harry now without thinking?</b>

Yeah, kind of. It’s become instantaneous.

I don’t know how much I had in common with him at the beginning but I think over time I’ve become more closely connected with him.

MUSIC

<b>WHAT’S the perfect soundtrack to a 15th birthday?</b>

The Strokes would definitely be on it. I’d love to hear The Libertines do Happy Birthday.

That’d be awesome ’cos they’re quite a hard punk, rock and roll band. They’re really good. Jet definitely. Rollover DJ. The Pixies definitely. And Stellastarr who I’ve just discovered.

FILMS

<b>SO are you a big film fan as well as a music fan then? I read that when you were 11 your favourite was Twelve Angry Men.</b>

That’s probably my favourite. I saw Starsky and Hutch the other day and thought that was fun.

ON ACTRESS SCARLETT

'I like watching any movie that has her in it ...'

<b>But there were no cars driving through cardboard boxes.</b>

That was in the TV series right? I was disappointed by that.

I love What’s Eating Gilbert Grape, LA Confidential, The Usual Suspects, anything with Scarlett Johansson. Lost In Translation.

The thing I thought was really clever was that you don’t know what he says in her ear at the end.

SCHOOL

<b>HOW much of a year do you spend filming and how much at school?</b>

Well, we spent about 11 months filming. We ended in December, but then I have a break and I’ll go back to school for a term and start filming again in April or May.

TURNING 15

<b>Do you have any plans for your birthday? (July 23)</b>

I’ll most likely be filming but what normally happens is you get a cake from everyone on set and the great thing about filming when you have your birthday is that there are so many people there and you get loads of presents.

You just have a little party on set.

Luckily all the people on set are really cool so I’ll have a good time. There’s one guy Will, my dresser, who’s become like
my best friend.

ON GARY OLDMAN

'Great to work with. He's my favourite actor'

WORK

<b>DOES it feel like work or is it just the norm now?</b>

It’s never felt like work. It doesn’t feel like a proper job. It’s fun. I always associate work with doing something that you don’t really want to do. You do have to work hard on set but it’s great fun, too.

Even when I’m not filming there are other aspects of making the film that I’m interested in, like watch someone directing.

CO-STAR EMMA WATSON

<b>IS Emma a lot more worried about what’s she’s wearing now, things like that?</b>

Well Emma’s always been like that.

Not in a bad way at all but she’s very style-conscious.

I think what we wore in the early films contributed. You know, ‘I don’t look very cool in the films, so I have to try and look cool out of them’. Emma’s great. She’s a really nice girl.

POTTER FASHION

<b>THERE’S been quite an overhaul in the look of the characters hasn’t there?</b>

ON EMMA WATSON

'Nice girl, she's always been so style-conscious'

Yeah, there’s a lot of stuff in completely normal clothes now.

In all the books there is kind of a big finale in robes, whereas in this one it’s just normal clothes.

That’s great because the robes are beautiful to look at but you don’t feel you can run as fast and do as much as you would if you were wearing normal clothes.

LIFE AFTER HARRY

<b>WHERE do you see yourself when Potter ends?</b>

I’d like to see myself definitely doing other films. I don’t see any reason why it shouldn’t happen but I just hope that it does.

Directing in the very, very long term would be amazing because it’s something I find really interesting.

At the moment there’s no better place I could be to learn about it.

NEW DIRECTOR ALFONSO CUARON

<b>DID it make it very different having a new director?</b>

We had to write an essay on our characters which was really funny because the way we did it was exactly how our characters would do it.

I did it like Harry, just a page of writing, Rupert (Grint) didn’t do it in the end and Emma wrote 16 pages. So we were all like, ‘Oh God we’ve all become scarily like our characters’.

ACTING

<b>WHAT new things did you do for this film?</b>

ON MUSIC

'I'd love to hear Libertines play Happy Birthday'

One of the things that really did help me was music.

I listen to music anyway but I listen to it even more if I’m preparing for a scene and I’ll always pick the right music for the scene.

There was one bit where I thought, ‘How in God’s name am I going to do this’ because it’s a scene where I faint as a result of hearing my mother’s scream as she was murdered in my head.

So I’m like, ‘OK, I have nothing to compare with that’ so I have to find something, and I found this music by a band called The Delgados who I’d
listen to before I went on set.

ON THE NEW FILM

<b>WHAT’S your favourite scene from what you’ve seen so far?</b>

The Shrieking Shack, because I was on there and I was going, ‘Oh my God I’m acting with Gary Oldman, David Thewlis, Timothy Spall and Alan Rickman all at the same time’.

That was the highlight of the film for me, especially since Gary Oldman’s one of my favourite actors ever.

Quidditch in this one is amazing. I’ve seen it with really rough cut digital effects and it is still stunning.

We had the problem of how do you make the Dementors not seem like the Wringwraiths from Lord of the Rings? Alfonso’s done such a brilliant job on them.

One thing is the temperature drops and of course they come on to the pitch when quidditch is being played and it’s raining, so all the rain turns to ice and all the rain starts cutting at me.

It’s touches like that which just make it really scary. It’s going to be brilliant.

You’ve got stuff on the hippogriff which is great. It’s really odd to film because it’s like being on a big but really slow mechanical bull, but much more complicated.

It was really good to film but another one of those really surreal moments you get on a Harry Potter film, like walking into the canteen and there are hundreds of wizards there.

What else is there? There’s Emma punching Malfoy, which I think everyone is looking forward to. That was Emma’s favourite scene.

WORKING WITH THE STARS

<b>IS there anyone you’d particularly like to come and work on the films, since all these massive stars seem to be attracted to them?</b>

Gary Oldman was the one I’ve been most excited about so far. And before this one I wasn’t familiar with anything David Thewlis had done and then I watched Naked and I was like, ‘This is amazing’. So those two.

ESCAPING POTTER

<b>ARE there other things you’d like to do, because you’ve been doing this such a long time?</b>

I don’t know what else I can do.

<b>Are you settled on acting for life?</b>

I think so. It’s something I love doing and why give up what you love doing? If I find that something else comes along that makes me go ‘wow’ then I might do that.
----------
The full interview with Daniel Radcliffe can be found in the next two issues of Empire magazine.

IP Logged

Sir Jacob
Global Moderator

Big Daddy...The Message
Master.

Reply #29 - 27. Apr 2004 at 10:57
Print Post  
Thanks for posting such an excellent interview, apple.  :bigok:

I'm glad to hear that he plans to stay in acting.  He seems to have his head screwed on straight, and to be enjoying himself during his teenaged years.  Smiley

Love,
Sir J

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Print