Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic House Arrest (Read 3,772 times)
devon
Ex Member

House Arrest
09. Aug 2003 at 17:50
Print Post  
<em> Grover and Stacy Beindorf (KYLE HOWARD and AMY SAKASITZ) thought they had the only functional family left on the block--that is until their parents (JAMIE LEE CURTIS and KEVIN POLLAK) broke the news that they planned to separate. But these two kids don't take the news lying down.

Trying to rekindle the spark, Grover and Stacy throw their parents a surprise anniversary party, complete with a Hawaiian beach replicated in the almost-finished basement. But when the staged second honeymoon dissolves into a battleground, the kids excuse themselves, run upstairs ... and lock the door. Grover tells his parents that they will have to stay together until they decide to, well, stay together. In effect, they're grounded,

Back at school, Grover tells his best friend Matt Finley (MOOKY ARIZONA) about his covert operation, but his secret is soon out. Suddenly, Grover finds that his initiative and ingenuity have earned him the respect of the school bully, T.J. Krupp (RUSSEL HARPER), and--more importantly--the attention of Brooke Figler (JENNIFER LOVE HEWITT), the prettiest and most popular girl in school.

In fact, Grover's friends think his idea of grounding his parents is so cool that they decide to bring their own parents to the Beindorf home. Now, instead of a cozy love nest for two, Grover's basement parent trap is crawling with dysfunctional adults, the rest of the house is overrun with unruly kids ... and the retired police chief next door (RAY WALSTON) has a suspicious eye peeled on them all.</em>

h t t p : / / m o v i e w e b . c o m / m o v i e / h o u s e a r r e s t /

A trailer is there for download.

I'm working on a gallery of about 50 shots. Should have it done this weekend.

IP Logged

devon
Ex Member

Re: House Arrest
Reply #1 - 09. Aug 2003 at 18:16
Print Post  
Okay. Here are three:

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

These three really don't do the movie justice. It's silly, funny, corny, cute, clever, and goofy.

IP Logged

Sir Jacob
Global Moderator

Big Daddy...The Message
Master.

Reply #2 - 09. Aug 2003 at 22:48
Print Post  
I remember it now, devon, now that I see who Kyle Howard is.  Smiley

Looking forward to your gallery!

Love,
Sir J

IP Logged

hosenhaus
BA Moderator

spheroid

Reply #3 - 10. Aug 2003 at 05:09
Print Post  
Josh Wolford!

IP Logged

YoungArthur
BA Moderator

Hagrid's Helper

Reply #4 - 10. Aug 2003 at 16:56
Print Post  
Thanks Devon.  Looks like one I'd enjoy and I'll see if I can rent it. Smiley

IP Logged

devon
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 11. Aug 2003 at 01:56
Print Post  
The two cutest scenes (in my opinion) are "cooking for the parents" and "setting the table properly". The kids really try hard to do things right ... and the outcome is quite good, but the process is adorably cute.

The boys launching a tomato on a model rocket. Note the safety gear. Where the heck are the pants, though?

Here's the chocolate-peanutbutter-crunchberry fried macaroons in process:

It might have been easier to simply set the dishes on the table and let the others distribute them, but if you are going to use saucers, they might as well be flying saucers, right?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print