Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Declan Gilbraith (Read 3,063 times)
Darkenole

BA Member

Declan Gilbraith
24. Nov 2003 at 16:43
Print Post  
Add this one to your collection of boy singers

"Declan Galbraith
is like most other ten-year-old boys. He loves computer games, swimming, cycling and football. But one thing makes him different….he's just been signed to a recording deal worth more than a million pounds. This remarkable young boy, originally from Hoo, near Kent has an amazing voice and has had every major record company hotly bidding to sign him. Record giants EMI have secured Declan's signature and over the next 3 years Declan is promised to release at least 3 albums.

At the tender age of 8, Declan started singing at local talent competitions and won sixteen titles in just fourteen months. Since then he has gone on to record a version of Walking in the Air which was released on the same Christmas album as Westlife and Elton John. His own album is due out in the autumn, so it won't be long until artists are clambering to sing with him!

Not only does Declan possess an extraordinary vocal talent but the range of music he sings is both diverse and unusual for such a young boy. As well as popular classics including 'I'll be There' and Angels, Declan sings traditional Irish folk songs such as Danny Boy and Carrikfergus. He's also anxious to record new songs that he can claim to be his very own and perhaps one day he'll even write them himself?

Declan's love of traditional Irish music stems from an early childhood spent with his granddad 'Poppy' Ben. Ben was a musician who played in Irish folk bands and he regularly bought Declan along to watch him play at various gigs and concerts. Unfortunately 'Poppy' Ben died before he could see Declan's success, however Declan cites him as his strongest musical influence.

Declan's parents are Siobhan and Alec; he also has a six year old sister, Bernadette, who is a talented Irish dancer. They have a large family all of whom are very close. He is often seen out and about with some of his many cousins.

Declan's dedication and love of singing means that he practices daily for two hours. He has his own voice coach, who gives him advice on how to look after what he describes as 'a very special and unique voice'. For such a young boy, Declan is single minded in the fact that his main ambition is to sing professionally. Alternatively he'd consider acting, either way he is determined to carve his name out in lights!"

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Audio/Video at the bottom of the page.

Darkenole

IP Logged

Sir Jacob
Global Moderator

Big Daddy...The Message
Master.

Re: Declan Gilbraith
Reply #1 - 24. Nov 2003 at 16:50
Print Post  

We need a pic of young Declan anytime we discuss him in this forum.  Smiley

He's one of my favorites ever, for sure!

I have 2 cd's by him now, including one with a video cd included.  :p

Love,
Sir J

IP Logged

Darkenole

BA Member

Reply #2 - 24. Nov 2003 at 17:37
Print Post  
Sorry, Embarrassed

Actually when I posted that post, I didn't have any pics. Been scrambling ever since to aquire some really good ones. Cheesy

Darlenole

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #3 - 24. Nov 2003 at 21:12
Print Post  
He is my current favourite young singer.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print