Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic I Am David (Read 5,572 times)
Zabladowski
BA Moderator

The Wish Meister

I Am David
09. Dec 2003 at 00:10
Print Post  
One of the many new films on Zabladowski's ever growing wish list is I Am David. This is an American film, though shot in Bulgaria, which has been made by one of the creative forces behind "Freaks and Geeks."

I've borrowed the synopsis from the website of the San Diego Film Festival.

Adapted from Anne Holm's internationally acclaimed novel "North to Freedom." This is the story of a 12-year-old boy David, who escapes a Communist concentration camp with little more than a compass, a sealed letter, a loaf of bread, and instructions to carry the letter to Denmark. Thrust into the free world for the first time in his young life, David travels on a spiritual voyage across Europe, slowly losing his instictual mistrust, and slowly gaining his ability to smile, share, trust and ultimately love.

This film is supposed to see theatrical release (probably limited) in the US in February.

Ben Tibber, perhaps best known for playing Tiny Tim to Patrick Stewart's Scrooge, stars as David.
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Sir Jacob
Global Moderator

Big Daddy...The Message
Master.

Re: I Am David
Reply #1 - 09. Dec 2003 at 00:48
Print Post  
Well, at least I know that English-only fans will be able to understand this one from Bulgaria.

Thanks for the notification, Zab!   Grin

Love,
Sir J

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #2 - 17. Dec 2003 at 22:18
Print Post  
Profile added:

I tried to find more pics but no success. There doesn't even appear to be a trailer available yet.

I'm looking forward to it anyway, I read the book a couple of times, years ago.

IP Logged

Zabladowski
BA Moderator

The Wish Meister

Reply #3 - 17. May 2004 at 21:41
Print Post  
I Am David has now been announced for US release by Lions Gate on October 8th, 2004.

IP Logged

Sir Jacob
Global Moderator

Big Daddy...The Message
Master.

Reply #4 - 17. May 2004 at 22:15
Print Post  
Excellent!  Thanks for keeping up with this one, Zab.  I really do want to see it!   If it wasn't for you, there are a lot of movies that would get by me, and I appreciate everything you share.  Smiley

Love,
Sir J

IP Logged

boy55
Silver Member

BA Member

Reply #5 - 18. May 2004 at 19:31
Print Post  
I am David

Release Date: October 8, 2004 (limited)
Studio: Lions Gate Films
Director: Paul Feig
Screenwriter: Paul Feig
Starring: Ben Tibber, Elisabetta Bartolomei, Maria Bonnevie, James Caviezel, Silvia De Santis, Francesco De Vito, Paul Feig, Adrian McCourt, Matt Patresi, Joan Plowright Paco Reconti, Lucy Russell, Hristo Shopov, Alessandro Sperduti, Clem Tibber, Carinci Viola
Genre: Drama
MPAA Rating: PG (for thematic elements and violent content)
Official Website: Not available
Review: Not available
DVD/VHS: Not available
Movie Poster: Not available
Plot Summary: "I Am David" is adapted from Anne Holm's internationally acclaimed novel North to Freedom. It is the story of a 12-year-old boy, David, who escapes a Communist concentration camp with little more than a compass, a sealed letter, a loaf of bread, and instructions to carry the letter to Copenhagen, Denmark. David is thrust into the free world for the first time in his young life as he travels across Europe. It is a spiritual voyage of discovery, where David slowly loses his instinctual mistrust of humanity and begins to smile, share, trust and ultimately, love. I Am David addresses the cruelties, politics, and suffering of warfare while celebrating the resilience of youth and the unbreakable spirit of a child.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print