Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Harry Eden (Read 4,083 times)
josephk
Platinum Member

Harry Eden
17. Jan 2004 at 22:06
Print Post  

Check out Harry Eden's unofficial website at (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

There are articles on the movies he's appeared in, including Pure, Peter Pan and The Lazarus Child (currently in production). There is lots of interesting information, as well as links and a few screenshots and production stills.

Be sure to click on the link to the interview with Jesse Brooks, the boy who played Harry's double in Peter Pan.

Check out also this gallery of Harry Eden  from the movie Pure, on Parvae Stellae's website. The images are not the best quality, but they're worth a look: (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Harry seems to be one of those exceptional young actors with really impressive acting skills. He won the 2003 BIFA award for most promising newcomer (as well as a lot of critical praise), for his role in Pure. I think he has a great career ahead of him.

Harry Eden in Pure:
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

From the movie Peter Pan, Harry plays Nibbs, bottom right:
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Zabladowski
BA Moderator

The Wish Meister

Re: Harry Eden
Reply #1 - 19. Jan 2004 at 00:25
Print Post  
Thanks for the post, joseph!

I have seen Harry in Peter Pan and Pure. I thought he was excellent in Pure. I also have a copy of Real Men to watch soon. From what I understand, his acting was superb in that as well.
Harry is one of a handful of underpublicized young British actors whose careers I am trying to follow (Aaron Johnson, Joe Prospero and Matthew Beard are the others) and I appreciate the information.

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #2 - 19. Jan 2004 at 08:12
Print Post  
The Brits are producing some fine young actors lately, I'd include Thomas Sangster on that list.

I'd also highly recommend a Brit TV Mini series called Jake's Progress which is a few years old now, but has one of the best performances I've ever seen from a youngster.

« Last Edit: 20. Jan 2004 at 06:03 by cal-Q-L8 »  

IP Logged

Zabladowski
BA Moderator

The Wish Meister

Reply #3 - 19. Jan 2004 at 22:17
Print Post  
I heartily agree. My apologies to Thomas Sangster  Embarrassed not much of his work has made it over here yet, but I have been impressed with what I have seen.

Jake's Progress I know only from its BA profile. It too has yet to cross the pond. I am keeping a watch out for it though.

IP Logged

Sir Jacob
Global Moderator

Big Daddy...The Message
Master.

Reply #4 - 25. Jan 2004 at 15:51
Print Post  
I'm glad you started a thread about Harry Eden too, josephk. I've liked him since seeing Pure earlier in the year, and was thrilled to see that he was going to get wider exposure in Peter Pan.  Smiley

From that website you linked, here's something that the Casting Director and the Director of Pure had to say about Harry:

<i>Gilles MacKinnon said casting (and indeed, film) success with a child in the principle role was all about "finding the right kid." The casting director whittled the number for the role to about 20, and from there, it was down to MacKinnon to find the child he wanted for Pure. He said he had Harry back about 14 times before he was handed the role.

"We wanted to be sure. Harry is dyslexic, so we weren't sure if he'd be able to handle such a demanding role, given the amount of lines. However he took direction very well. He wanted the role very much, and I gave it to him."

The Scottish director remarked that he was very happy with Harry's performance and that it had been a pleasure working with him.

"As a child, he required no more direction than any grown-up on the set."</i>

I'm sure that I'm not remembering all of the young actors that I saw for the first time this past year, and with apologies for not knowing a lot about the others mentioned in this thread, but I think that Harry Eden was perhaps the best dramatic actor (in that British, unsmiling way Smiley ) among all of the new boy actors that I saw throughout the year. 

Love,
Sir J

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print