Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Yoshino's Barber Shop (2004) (Read 2,265 times)
Zabladowski
BA Moderator

The Wish Meister

Yoshino's Barber Shop (2004)
09. Feb 2004 at 23:15
Print Post  

Berber Yoshino (Yoshino's Barber Shop) is another Japanese film that I discovered on the Tokyo film festival site. I am not altogether sure whether the boys in the film will be the main characters or in support, but it sounds like it's worth keeping an eye on.....

The plot synopsis comes from asianfilms.org.

In a small town on the countryside, where everyone knows everyone, all the Children pay their respect to the middle-aged woman who runs "Barber Yoshino".
An old tradition is rooted in this town. Every young boy is forced to have the same ridiculous hairstyle to have their bangs cut straight, known as the "Yoshino-gari" hairstyle.
Of course they all get their hair done at the only barbershop in town, "Barber Yoshino". Then one day, a drastic change occurs when a transfer student with bleached hair comes from Tokyo...

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)
« Last Edit: 04. Jul 2008 at 18:19 by Zabladowski »  

IP Logged

Sir Jacob
Global Moderator

Big Daddy...The Message
Master.

Re: Berber Yoshino (2003)
Reply #1 - 10. Feb 2004 at 00:09
Print Post  
<i>Then one day, a drastic change occurs when a transfer student with bleached hair comes from Tokyo...</i>

Uh-oh.   Undecided

I can already imagine the sparks that would fly, from seeing the sweet look on that barber's face. Yikes.   Shocked

Love,
Sir J

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print