Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic harvey stephens (Read 4,421 times)
apple
Platinum Member

BA Member

harvey stephens
16. Mar 2004 at 02:21
Print Post  
HE WAS the scariest little boy in the history of cinema, star of the film which revolutionised the face of horror movies...

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Re: harvey stephens
Reply #1 - 16. Mar 2004 at 06:40
Print Post  
Thanks aaaa ....   interesting article.

I'm not sure I agree that he was the scariest boy ever though...

Maybe the writer of the article hasn't seen Martin Stephens in Village of the Damned, or The Innocents.

Can anyone think of any other very scary boys?

IP Logged

Sir Jacob
Global Moderator

Big Daddy...The Message
Master.

Reply #2 - 16. Mar 2004 at 11:59
Print Post  
Oh wow, that really *is* an interesting article, aaaa.

I think I have to agree that he's the scariest ever, though I'll have to think about it and come back with others who were wonderful little "devils", too, and review Martin Stephens' work to decide about that.

This was very interesting to me, when he was talking about all of the 666-related things that have occurred in his life:

<i>"I've had more than my fair share of car crashes, and when I damaged my BMW the repairs cost exactly £666," he says. "And when I took a group of friends out for dinner for my 19th birthday the bill came to £666. It's always coming up in phone numbers and bills."</i>

Anyway, when I think if the name Harvey Stephens, it doesn't give me any creepy thoughts or feelings at all.  But, when I even hear or see the name <b>Damien</b>, I do get chills and immediately see that 666 hidden under his hair, in my mind.  Shocked

I think the name Damien has been forever removed from the list of "acceptable" names for most people's sons, simply because of the movie "The Omen".   Undecided

Love,
Sir J

IP Logged

YoungArthur
BA Moderator

Hagrid's Helper

Reply #3 - 16. Mar 2004 at 16:01
Print Post  
When I read aaaa's first line I thought we were back in Jeopardy mode again. Wink

Thanks.. It looks like Harvey Stephens made a wise career choice and its nice to hear that he is doing well.

As regards scary boys, dear little Miko Hughes came to mind, as he appeared in 'Pet Sematary' but the film was so trashy I would never recommend it if you haven't seen it - unless you can stop watching after about 40 minutes.

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #4 - 17. Mar 2004 at 05:01
Print Post  
..and little Brian Bonsall was pretty scary in a campy sort of way in the movie Mikey where he kept killing his various foster parents.

I like SJ's comments on the name Damien  :laughing:

IP Logged

josephk
Platinum Member

Reply #5 - 17. Mar 2004 at 06:47
Print Post  
Very cool article.

About the name Damien, it might sound morbid but it's actually one of my favourite names of the English language. For me, it is more associated with the Priest in The Exorcist, and I remember thinking what a cool name that was after reading the novel when I was younger.

I think it's no coincidence that the name has become associated with characters in horror stories. It kind of sounds like "Demon" and it sounds really intense. There's also a novel by Hermann Hesse that is called Demian (differently spelling... probably pronounced differently too), in which there is a very strange character called Max Demian. I'm not sure what the name means in German, but to me these three characters are all linked and give a very peculiar resonnance to the name Damien.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Jasen
Gold Member

Jasen

Reply #6 - 31. Jan 2005 at 20:15
Print Post  
I think Macauley Culkin very scary in movie "Good Son".  He dont got no feelings and he do very bad things for long time.  Movie had very sad end but his mom made good choice to save Elijah Wood.

I seen other movies boy is scary if a bully.  I dont like bullys who hurt boy just bcause they are little . Its not a boy fault if hes little or if he cant grow very much.

In movie Radio Flyer the boy got beat up by bullies that made me feel hurt too.  And the man so mean in that movie he dont deserve no boy or no wife in his house.

Lots of movies got scary boy .

IP Logged

Lite
Platinum Member

AKA Teddy Bear

Reply #7 - 24. Oct 2006 at 18:18
Print Post  
harvey stephens was in the remake of the onen too Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print