Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Ballo a tre passi (2003) (Read 4,577 times)
socksoles
Silver Member

Ballo a tre passi (2003)
17. Mar 2004 at 15:34
Print Post  

Passing by the local moviehouse today my attention was caught by the poster of an Italian movie from 2003: Ballo a tre passi, a movie that consists of four episodes. The first episode seems to be the most interesting: in this first episode ("Spring") young Andrea, Peppeddu, Macangiu and Istene discover the sea, which they have never seen so far, at the end of a very long travel in a truck.

Developing through four episodes marked by the four seasons, the film further tells the story of many characters of different ages, strictly linked to Sardinia's world, and whose fates seem to accidentally interweave. In the second episode ("Summer"), Michele, a young shepherd, meets a French girl, Solveig, just landed on a beach with an aeroplane she herself pilots: he falls in love and she initiates him into sex. In the third episode (“Autumn”), Francesca, a young nun, goes back to her home village for the wedding of a cousin. She meets her relatives and friends and in the general happiness she feels a pang of secret melancholy. In the fourth episode (“Winter”) old Giorgio walks through the city in the dead of night looking for a prostitute, who he finally brings home. He dies before having sex with her, feeling nevertheless happy for joining his folks in a dream. (storyline taken from various websites).

The movies' original website (in Italian) can be found here: (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) The site includes a trailer. The movie has already been released on DVD R2 and can be ordered through (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) The DVD has English subtitles.

I am not sure whether this movie is an interesting one apart from the first episode but for those who love Italian movies it might be recommendable.

'soles' :cwm39:

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)
« Last Edit: 19. Jul 2008 at 03:30 by Zabladowski »  

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Re: Ballo a tre passi (Three-step Dance) (Italy, 2
Reply #1 - 18. Mar 2004 at 04:38
Print Post  
That poster would have caught my attention too.

A very astute poster designer obviously knows how to attract a wider audience.

I'd rent the DVD on the strength of such a 'cover'.

IP Logged

Sir Jacob
Global Moderator

Big Daddy...The Message
Master.

Reply #2 - 18. Mar 2004 at 12:00
Print Post  
I agree with Cal.  I'll buy it, just because of the image on the poster.  Smiley

'soles, your synopsis of each of the 4 episodes is very much appreciated, too.  I love simple storylines, that are so much a part of life.  You said, <i>in this first episode ("Spring") young Andrea, Peppeddu, Macangiu and Istene discover the sea, which they have never seen so far, at the end of a very long travel in a truck.</i>  That's right up my alley.  I travel a lot with my job, and am constantly seeing new things or new places that I wish I could share with certain boys in my life.  Seeing their exhiliration at new discoveries is one of the greatest joys in life.  Smiley

Of course, making those new "discoveries" alone should be exciting, too, but it's generally a little melancholy when thinking about the fact that there's no one to share it with.  Undecided

Love,
Sir J

IP Logged

Zabladowski
BA Moderator

The Wish Meister

Reply #3 - 18. Mar 2004 at 20:12
Print Post  
Thanks 'soles I'll be looking for this one on the film festival circuit this year.

IP Logged

Ripley
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 27. Mar 2004 at 02:54
Print Post  
I do enjoy Italian Movies and this is a rather decent one.

It only has one interesting season though....but a good year always starts with a fine spring Smiley

regards
Ripley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print