Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Pelikaani Mies (2004) (Read 2,863 times)
Zabladowski
BA Moderator

The Wish Meister

Pelikaani Mies (2004)
18. Mar 2004 at 20:08
Print Post  

Pelikaani Mies, which translates to Pelican Man is a future offering from Finland, due to be released there this Christmas. Like most of my "reviews" this is actually a preview of something that looks like it's worth tracking.
What makes this film worth tracking, you ask?
It's Roni Haarakangas, the film's star, whose picture appears in the "new discoveries thread."

The film has an official website up with trailer at (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

The trailer suggests that the film will be lowbrow children's entertainment, though the website promises that it will be a tale for children and adults. Let's hope so as I suppose most of us will give it a go to see Roni perform.

Film synopsis (from the Finnish Film Foundation) - The humorous adventures of a pelican and a ten-year-old boy in a world where the line between reality and make-believe is not always clear.
A pelican lands in Finland and becomes so fascinated by humans that he decides to learn to live and be like them. The pelican gets a job at the opera house, befriends two children, a boy and a girl, and falls in love with a lovely ballerina. After the pelican is dramatically unmasked, he is taken away to the zoo. The children help him escape. The pelican, disillusioned with the ways of humans, bids farewell to his friends and returns to his life as a bird.
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Official site features full size versions of these pictures (and others) from the movie.
« Last Edit: 04. Apr 2004 at 03:22 by cal-Q-L8 »  

IP Logged

Sir Jacob
Global Moderator

Big Daddy...The Message
Master.

Re: Pelikaani Mies (2004)
Reply #1 - 18. Mar 2004 at 21:17
Print Post  
Okay, so the plot sounds a bit dorky, but you can bet that young Roni Haarakangas will cause me to plunk down my money for the dvd.   Grin

Zab, he really is wonderful in photos, and I hope he has a bit of acting ability so we'll get to see him in future projects, too.  He looks good in those horizontal striped shirts, don't you think?   Smiley

Let's see - I'm choosing a boy to hold in my lap... Roni Haarakangas or Connor Matheus?  hmmm...

Roll Eyes

Love,
Sir J

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Re: Pelikaani Mies (2004)
Reply #2 - 18. Mar 2004 at 21:54
Print Post  
Gosh what a photogenic young fella. Another movie added to my want to see list.

I guess in a way we are a shallow lot at times when physical beauty is the primary attraction, especially when there is much more to a person than outside appearances. However in saying that, if we were primarily concerned with inner beauty then we'd be perfectly content doing away with visual images of cute looking boys and spending our time down at the old folks home with a lonely granny sitting on our laps.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print