Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Little Men (2004) (Read 3,382 times)
socksoles
Silver Member

Little Men (2004)
23. Mar 2004 at 16:02
Print Post  

There was a movie from 1997 with the same name featuring Michael Caloz, a TV-series from 1998-1999 with Corey Sevier (Lassie) and Trevor Blumas but this new project has nothing to do with the two titles mentioned.

Little Men is a low budget independent project of the 23-year-old University of Florida student, Vincent Vittorio and I really hope that this movie will reach the theatres and a release on DVD, since it looks very promising.

The storyline reminds me of movies like 'La guerre des tuques' and 'La forteresse suspendue' that I reviewed earlier: "Little Men explores some of the most fundamental characteristics of human behavior in their purest form-through the eyes of our children. The concept of equality sparks the central conflict as Darren and Ryan debate whether girls should be allowed in the clubhouse. When the debate becomes too personal, despite Thomas's efforts to maintain unity, a power struggle ultimately ensues, and a division arises between the club's members. These actions result in the kids being torn between two leaders, Darren and Thomas. The children's actions--at first apparently harmless--quickly spiral into a direction they never expected. This is a struggle of ideals and spontaneous choices and an illustration of how a leader's belief can affect us in unforeseen ways."

The movie has an all-child cast of 18 and was shot in only ten days. In order to keep within the film's $50,000 budget, cast and crew donated their time for the 10-day shoot.

As mentioned this movie looks very promising and deserves to be seen considering the efforts both makers and actors did. A trailer can be found on the movies' official website ( (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)) which includes many pictures as well. Info on IMDb can be found here: (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

'soles' :cwm39:

Tyler Ross as Thomas

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Daniel Samonas as Darren

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)
« Last Edit: 08. Jul 2008 at 05:24 by Zabladowski »  

IP Logged

YoungArthur
BA Moderator

Hagrid's Helper

Re: Little Men (USA, 2004)
Reply #1 - 23. Mar 2004 at 21:02
Print Post  
Thanks for the fine review, 'Soles.  I'd love to see this one.  I really admire the efforts of students and other small indies who pour their hearts into a film project with limited funds.

Tyler Ross is a very cute boy. Smiley  I smile when I see he's doing extra duty with the scene title-board as I'm sure all the cast pitched in with assorted 'grip' duties.

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #2 - 25. Mar 2004 at 07:45
Print Post  
When I saw the title Little Men, I thought it was about one of those earlier efforts, but I also noticed that 'soles' was the poster...  so it had to be something else.

Looks very interesting..  thanks for the alert soles.

IP Logged

socksoles
Silver Member

Reply #3 - 16. Sep 2005 at 18:29
Print Post  
Finally the DVD R1 of Little Men is available through the offical website of the movie: (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Not available yet in any other store, but I ordered my copy through the website and all went well, without any problems.

DVD includes Directors Commentary, The Making of and "Lost Bike", a short film.

'soles  :cwm39:

IP Logged

Rembrandt
Gold Member

BA Member

Reply #4 - 25. Sep 2005 at 23:20
Print Post  
Thanks for the info.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print