Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Birth (2004) (Read 15,616 times)
RainbowFairy

BA Member

Re: birth
Reply #15 - 27. Nov 2004 at 00:07
Print Post  
I think Cameron Bright is a brilliant actor whos got alot going for him, cant wait to see what else he comes out with!!

IP Logged

josephk
Platinum Member

Reply #16 - 27. Nov 2004 at 09:26
Print Post  
Saw the movie last week and I really liked it also. I can see why it's not going to be much of a commercial success. It's a bit too slow and weird for most people, pobably. Although nothing really disturbing or shocking ever happens in the movie, I could tell that people were uncomfortable throughout, mostly by anticipation. They see where it's going and they are afraid of just how far it's going to go.

Cameron Bright gives a pretty good performance, much better than in Godsend. Nicole Kidman is also pretty good, as are most of the supporting cast. Jonathan Glazer is a talented director and I love the way he used music and sound design. You can tell he learned a thing or two from his early work as a music video director, but unlike other directors who come from that field of work he doesn't rely on flashy special effects or lightning quick editing to have an impact. There are a lot of eerie silences in the film, and he loves to show very long closeups of his actors.

Excellent movie. Recommended.

IP Logged

RainbowFairy

BA Member

Reply #17 - 28. Nov 2004 at 22:17
Print Post  
Well Cameron has some more films coming out to look forward to.  Ultraviolet and Running Scared.  It should be interesting to see what becomes of them.

IP Logged

Nérodiaman
Platinum Member

BA Member

Re: Birth (2004)
Reply #18 - 10. Aug 2014 at 21:15
Print Post  

Smiley I have seen again this movie this afternoon. Cameron BRIGHT have a very good play in part of Sean. My movie rating is 7/10.

IP Logged

bowser
Platinum Member

Woof! Woof!

Reply #19 - 11. Aug 2014 at 01:55
Print Post  
Will have to check this out

Cheesy

IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Ex Member

Reply #20 - 12. Aug 2014 at 18:03
Print Post  
I have wanted to see this for a while now, I just found it on stagevu, its available for viewing or DL! Here's a link to the movie! Grin
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Ex Member

Reply #21 - 12. Aug 2014 at 23:38
Print Post  
I think that the production company may have had something to do with all the hype over this movie! i.e. "publicity, good or bad sells newspapers!" I think they were using the media to entice the public into wanting to see it! remember the media hype over the 1st Jurassic Park movie?! audiences turned out in multitudes to see it! I felt that Sean might have been possessed by the spirit of the late husband, he was a normal health boy, then one day he suddenly starts thinking he's the reincarnated husband of a woman whose about remarry! I liked where story went, as far as Sean was concerned, but I was a little confused by the ending.

IP Logged

Nérodiaman
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #22 - 15. Aug 2014 at 15:10
Print Post  
Smiley I have recorded this movie about a french TV channel, It's in french only,

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Print