Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic harry potter 3 (Read 4,480 times)
gee
Platinum Member

BA Member

harry potter 3
14. Jun 2004 at 09:37
Print Post  
i just so harry potter and the prisoner of azkban. i have to say i didnt enjoy as much as the other two. they left two much out tof the plot that makes s ense for the plot lines in future movies/books. the kids dd9d well daniel radcilff improves with evey movies. rupert was funny as usaual.  i dint like that the other chracters like draco neville and dumbldore hardly had any screen time. even at  two hours and 11 minutes the movie seemed to rushed for me all in all i give it a c plus.

IP Logged

Sir Jacob
Global Moderator

Big Daddy...The Message
Master.

Re: harry potter 3
Reply #1 - 14. Jun 2004 at 12:09
Print Post  
Thanks for sharing those impressions from the movie, gee.  I've learned to respect your opinions about the movies you've seen.  Smiley

I haven't read the books, so I hope they put enough in there for this "kid" to follow the storyline for this one, and also to lay the groundwork for future plotlines, too.  Shocked

It's gotten to where I always look for dvd's with deleted scenes when I watch a movie, because they do seem to leave out some of the best parts (and most essential parts!) when they do the final cuts of so many movies.  One that comes to mind that I saw recently is "Love Actually", where they took out an entire storyline about a boy character that really was good!  Better than a lot of what they left in, anyway.   Undecided

Love,
Sir J

IP Logged

Zabladowski
BA Moderator

The Wish Meister

Reply #2 - 14. Jun 2004 at 19:22
Print Post  
I agree with both of you  Smiley

The first Harry Potter movie is still the best in my book. Although I liked HP3 slightly more than HP2 that may be in part because I am more tolerant of Daniel & Company aging than I was in HP2. Perhaps it's because of the absence of Hugh Mitchell. Shocked

As for Love Actually, I finally got around to seeing this (on video) this weekend. Am I glad I saw the deleted scenes! Although I believe you are referring to William Wadham's unfortunate trimming, Sir J, I was thinking how much better the film would have been had they used the expanded Thomas Sangster/Liam Neeson scene. I am really glad I didn't see this in a theatre.  Smiley

IP Logged

YoungArthur
BA Moderator

Hagrid's Helper

Reply #3 - 14. Jun 2004 at 19:22
Print Post  
Thanks, gee.  I think it would be great if they just filmed the entire book, but it is not going to happen. I don't envy the writer who has to get a 2 hour screenplay out of either of the next 2 books!

I haven't read the books,

GASP! CHOKE! Sir Jacob, I'm going to have to pull the circuit breakers to your PC and TV and leave the first 2 Potter books by your bedside.  Roll Eyes

Ok, it took me a couple years to get around to them too.Smiley

IP Logged

pyjamaboy
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 26. Jun 2004 at 17:48
Print Post  
I saw HP3 this week and i also had the impression that the movie was too short. HP2 was about 154 minutes , and this movie should have been at least that long. Harry looked very delicious in his (tight) blue jeans and showed growing signs of boyhood . Even Hermione has turned from an annoying little girl into a very nice young woman . I'm sorry but i never had much interest in Ron. I hope director Cuaron will get a chance to do a longer Directors Cut for the DVD release . Reliable sources close to Chris Columbus have leaked info to the internet that Columbus is working on a Directors Cut of Potter 1 that would feature previously unseen footage ( not the already known deleted scenes ) .

IP Logged

apple
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #5 - 23. Jul 2004 at 07:48
Print Post  
tailormade for a pyjamaboy! Wink.
--------------
join us for a special Magical Science Night!

on friday 6 august we're holding an exclusive magic themed sleepover in the london science museum!

participants will get to see the latest harry potter film in IMAX, take part in a magical fancy dress competition, meet animals from the harry potter stories, take 'potions classes' and spend the night in the amazing museum galleries.

for more information or to book call 020 7942 4747.

children must be accompanied by at least one adult.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

pyjamaboy
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 27. Jul 2004 at 16:07
Print Post  
Quote:
tailormade for a pyjamaboy! Wink.
--------------
join us for a special Magical Science Night!

on friday 6 august we're holding an exclusive magic themed sleepover in the london science museum!

participants will get to see the latest harry potter film in IMAX, take part in a magical fancy dress competition, meet animals from the harry potter stories, take 'potions classes' and spend the night in the amazing museum galleries.

for more information or to book call 020 7942 4747.

children must be accompanied by at least one adult.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

I would so much looooooove to go...  Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print