Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic boy actor movies coming out this fall (Read 3,859 times)
gee
Platinum Member

BA Member

boy actor movies coming out this fall
23. Aug 2004 at 13:18
Print Post  
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)
enjoy the last the last one sounds reallyy good.

IP Logged

Sir Jacob
Global Moderator

Big Daddy...The Message
Master.

Re: boy actor movies coming out this fall
Reply #1 - 23. Aug 2004 at 23:26
Print Post  
I hadn't heard of the fourth one down your list there, gee, but it sounds interesting, with Jim Carrey and Liam Aiken in it.  Smiley

(It's called <b>Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events</b> for those who didn't follow the links, and I think that's a stupid name for anything. But, I won't hold that against it, if Jim Carrey is funny in this one, and Liam Aiken is at his best. Smiley )

The one that I want to see the most is <b>Finding Neverland (2004)</b>, with Freddie Highmore as one of the Llewelyn boys.  Smiley

Love,
Sir J

IP Logged

josephk
Platinum Member

Reply #2 - 24. Aug 2004 at 08:18
Print Post  
The ones I want to see the most are Birth (by Jonathan Glazer) and Millions (by Danny Boyle), as these are two of my favourite directors. I've only seen one film by Glazer (Sexy Beast), but it was brilliant and I'm really looking forward to his follow up. The story also sound very interesting.

IP Logged

St Mule
Silver Member

Reply #3 - 24. Aug 2004 at 21:42
Print Post  
<I>(It's called <b>Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events</b> for those who didn't follow the links, and I think that's a stupid name for anything. But, I won't hold that against it, if Jim Carrey is funny in this one, and Liam Aiken is at his best. ) </I>

Sir Jacob,

You do know that title is from  a series of books that are very popular with children.  They are almost as hot as the  Harry Potter series.  I've read about six of them and personally I don't care for them because they are very formulitic.  The movie trailer looks like they took the first three books and made the movie from them.

As for Jim Carrey, I avoid his films like I avoid outhouses.  I would go if I had no other choice, even a bad chick flick is better then his movies.

Stubborn Mule

IP Logged

Sir Jacob
Global Moderator

Big Daddy...The Message
Master.

Reply #4 - 24. Aug 2004 at 22:48
Print Post  
Thanks for the info, St Mule.  No, I didn't know that there's a series of Lemony Snicket's books. Smiley

I've been so disappointed in some of Jim Carrey's movies, too.  I'm hoping he's okay in this one.  I think he plays the bad uncle, from what I read, and it might be interesting to see him in a villain's role.

I was more interested in the things I read at IMDb about Liam Aiken's character, though.  I think he plays a bookish and sensitive type kid. Smiley

Love,
Sir J

IP Logged

josephk
Platinum Member

Reply #5 - 25. Aug 2004 at 00:34
Print Post  
Jim Carrey can be annoying. But as his performance in the amazing Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind shows, he can also be brilliant if he works with a the right director. (Even without a single boy in the cast, Eternal Sunshine is by far the best film of the year so far. Highly recommended.)

I doubt his performance is Lemony Snicket will be that refined. But with some luck, it will be among his more tolerable roles.

IP Logged

josephk
Platinum Member

Reply #6 - 25. Aug 2004 at 00:40
Print Post  
By the way, other movies of interest coming up this fall:

Dear Frankie - release date: October 1
I Am David - release date: October 8

There's also a bunch of other movies coming up that look great but don't feature any boys in it. Fall is my favourite part of the year when it comes to movie releases. It's like a special reward for having suffered through the movie wasteland of summer, when all we get are crappy blockbusters, chick flicks and sequels.

IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 14. Jan 2013 at 18:56
Print Post  
Sir Jacob wrote on 24. Aug 2004 at 22:48:
Thanks for the info, St Mule.  No, I didn't know that there's a series of Lemony Snicket's books.

I've seen just about everyone of his movies, I have followed his career since his SNL days! You have to keep in mind that he kinda grows on you, like a wort!Smiley  I have always wished he'd do more movies that co-starred boy actors, and of late, he's done 1 or 2, like "Mr. Poppers Pinguins" Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print