Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Dylan Patton (Read 7,793 times)
Elliott
Silver Member

BA Member

Dylan Patton
01. Sep 2004 at 23:52
Print Post  
This picture is of one of my new favorite boy actors, Dylan Patton. It's a stunning picture!

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Sir Jacob
Global Moderator

Big Daddy...The Message
Master.

Re: Dylan Patton
Reply #1 - 02. Sep 2004 at 11:11
Print Post  
If he has acting talent to go with his looks, he should do very well.  Smiley

Thanks for posting his pic, Elliott.  There's a link to his personal site in his profile in our Actor's database.

From IMDb:

<i>Dylan Michael Patton was born in Texas on July 13th, 1992. Dylan began his acting career at the age of 7 and his natural character appeal in front of the camera helped him to book various commercials both regional and national. In the spring of 2002, Dylan's agent received a call from a producer who was casting a television pilot in Nashville Tennessee. After only a few callbacks, Dylan landed the lead role of Dakota Manning in "Our Family". Dylan spent the next year auditioning and booking more regional and national commercial spots for such companies as "Subaru" and "Hasbro." The following spring in 2003, Dylan auditioned for an independent film called Crab Orchard (2004). The film was starring Edward Asner and Judge Reinhold. The producer was looking for an 11-year-old boy to play the film's leading character, Clay Thomas. Dylan landed the role and shot the film during the entire summer of 2003. The film is currently in post-production with a tentative release date of Fall 2004.

Dylan continues to audition and has several projects pending. Dylan is repped by his manager Josh Werkman of Merimark Entertainment and The Osbrink Talent Agency in Los Angeles.</i>

That movie, 'Crab Orchard', is still listed as being in post-production at IMDb, and I couldn't get his official site to open today in order to check for further news.

Love,
Sir J

IP Logged

Sir Jacob
Global Moderator

Big Daddy...The Message
Master.

Reply #2 - 02. Sep 2004 at 11:43
Print Post  
Aaah, perhaps our link to his official site needs to be changed, because it has a different url than this one that is working at IMDb.  I think we have his named spelled wrong in our database, too.   Roll Eyes

Here's a link to the official site for 'Crab Orchard' that I found, too.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

The synopsis:

<i>After her brother is killed and she loses her job during 9-11, Kim Thomas (Ruby Handler) wants a safer environment to raise her eleven-year-old son Clay (Dylan Patton). Her New York firefighter husband, Jim (Judge Reinhold) has been distant since that fateful day, and the rift between them seems irreparable. Separating from Jim and New York, Kim and Clay move into her dad's (Ed Asner) rural Midwestern home.

Things only get worse in Crab Orchard as Clay rebels and Kim's long-repressed issues now surface. Clay has problems with some kids at school, and Kim gives him a dog to hopefully help ease the transition.

Clay befriends a local girl (Sierra Peters) and an Arab boy (Kumars Salehi), but not before his rebellious attitude creates problems... and having a dog only seems to make matters worse.

Crab Orchard is the story of a family torn apart by 9-11, who find their strength by returning to their roots.</i>

Love,
Sir J

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #3 - 03. Sep 2004 at 10:21
Print Post  
Thanks Elliott...

Great pic of Dylan...  he's one of my favourites too and I haven't even seen him in anything yet.   Smiley

Thanks for the updated link SJ.

IP Logged

YoungArthur
BA Moderator

Hagrid's Helper

Reply #4 - 03. Sep 2004 at 13:43
Print Post  
Just another pretty face. (just kidding and trying desperately to be nonchalant Shocked) I wonder if it is too much to hope that Dylan can also act.

IP Logged

jasonswfla

BA Member

Reply #5 - 03. Sep 2004 at 23:40
Print Post  
Is it my imagination, or has Dylan matured a lot since those film stills were taken?  It must be a publicist's nightmare to have interviews with a more mature kid that is developmentally well past that of the role.

Jason

IP Logged

YoungArthur
BA Moderator

Hagrid's Helper

Reply #6 - 04. Sep 2004 at 02:35
Print Post  
Welcome, Jason.  Good to see you. Smiley

Publicists for boy actors must be used to their boys growing alarmingly in a short time, especially when they are in that edge of puberty age, 11-12.

There was Jeremy Sumpter appearing at Peter Pan premieres and causing people to wonder where the boy from the movie was.  Another example I remember was the appearance of the boys from 1963's Lord of The Flies at that movie's premiere. Many of them had grown from small boy to lanky teenager.

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #7 - 04. Sep 2004 at 10:52
Print Post  
Dylan looks a year or two older than his 'alleged' age. He looks 13ish to me but apparently he has only just turned 12.  ???

PS... cal welcomes Jason  Smiley

IP Logged

Zabladowski
BA Moderator

The Wish Meister

Reply #8 - 06. Sep 2004 at 21:48
Print Post  
His birthdate is legit, cal. I checked.  Embarrassed

Part of the problem with his changing appearance could be due to Crab Orchard having been shot in the summer of 2003.

IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 13. Jan 2013 at 22:05
Print Post  
YoungArthur wrote on 04. Sep 2004 at 02:35:
Publicists for boy actors must be used to their boys growing alarmingly in a short time, especially when they are in that edge of puberty age, 11-12.

Dylan kept his byish cuteness well into his teens! at least in my opinion! Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print