Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Spencer Fox (Read 3,055 times)
Zabladowski
BA Moderator

The Wish Meister

Spencer Fox
14. Nov 2004 at 10:40
Print Post  
The Incredibles is one of the most watched movies out right now in the USA. Being an animated film, it is tough to work in a mention of it on topic in here.  Smiley Spencer Fox is the voice actor who portrays Dash, the son of the main character in the film. I recently found this interview in his hometown paper, The New York Post.

November 6, 2004 -- In "The Incredibles", one of those superheroes-in-hiding is a boy named Dash. All he wants to do is be able to use his superpower - the ability to run super-fast. (Dash, get it?) But his parents won't let him - until they get in trouble and need his help.
Eleven-year-old Westchesterite Spencer Fox brings Dash to life with his boyish (what else?) voice. While he's done commercials and community theater, "The Incredibles" is his first film. Here's what he has to say about life and the big screen.

Spencer: Twice. But I'm planning to see it about 10, 11 times. You can never see that movie too much.

Spencer: When I go on auditions, I always talk too fast. So I really had to slow things down. And that sounds kind of weird for a character whose specialty is running really fast.

Spencer: It took me two days to do all of it. It was about eight hours in all, but I really worked my tail off. I mean, I'm not regretting it at all. This is one of the greatest experiences in my life.

Spencer: Not really. I'm not Mr. Athletic Man. I'm more of an arts kind of guy. I like to draw. I play guitar a lot. And I'm obsessed with rock music.

Post: Besides "The Incredibles," what's your favorite movie?

Spencer: Oh God, I have so many favorite movies. I mean, like any good comedy is a favorite movie.

Spencer: There's Adam Sandler, I love a lot of Ben Stiller stuff, Jerry Stiller stuff. I love all those great "SNL"-esque kind of actors.

Post: If you could have any superpower, what would it be?

Spencer: Even before I did this, I've always wanted to have super-speed and the ability to like, shoot ice and stuff like Frozone (a superhero in the film).

Post: What kind of reaction are you getting in your neighborhood?

Spencer: Everyone's like, "Whoa, wait, you're in a movie? Wait, hold on. No, no. Wait. You are?" Then, they wait like a second to think about it and they're like: "Spencer in a movie. Oh, what? Oh, oh, ohhhhh." There's like a moment of shock for them.

Spencer: I have a brother. He's 15 and he towers over me. He's a little intimidating. His name is Max, also known as Satan.

Spencer: Lunch. Does that count?

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

BoyHowdy
Bronze Member

BA Member

Re: Spencer Fox
Reply #1 - 15. Nov 2004 at 01:00
Print Post  
Spencer was interviewed on "Conan O'Brien" last week, possibly Tuesday.  It will be repeated in some markets again on Tuesday, usually after the repeat of last week's Tonight Show.  Check you're local listings.

IP Logged

gee
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #2 - 13. Dec 2004 at 11:28
Print Post  
I WONDER IF HE WILL DO ANY LIVE ACTION ROLES ANYTIME SOON.

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #3 - 16. Dec 2004 at 03:53
Print Post  
Gosh, I missed reading that interview before now.

What a great sense of humour Spencer has, and he appears to be pretty smart too.

"SNL"-esque is an interesting term coming from a kid.

IP Logged

YoungArthur
BA Moderator

Hagrid's Helper

Reply #4 - 16. Dec 2004 at 12:02
Print Post  
Yes, I like his sense of humor too.
"I have a brother. He's 15 and he towers over me. He's a little intimidating. His name is Max, also known as Satan."
LOL.  Sounds like a fair evaluation of a big brother. Grin

I was thinking of the photos Josephk posted of Eli Marienthal doing voice over work for an animated film:

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

The boys come up with some great facial expressions while they voice-act.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print