Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Goblet of Fire cast notes (Read 3,101 times)
YoungArthur
BA Moderator

Hagrid's Helper

Goblet of Fire cast notes
12. Dec 2004 at 14:49
Print Post  
I guess the young male actors in the Potter series have moved into the off-topic range, but I think that many of us here share my ongoing interest.  Also it is interesting to see some of the casting of new ‘Goblet of Fire’ characters as listed at Imdb -

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Ralph Fiennes has been cast as Lord Voldemort.
Miranda Richardson to play Rita Skeeter
Frances de la Tour – Madame Maxime
Predrag Bjelac – Prof Igor Karkaroff
Stanislav Ianevski – Viktor Krum
Katie Leung – Cho Chang
Robert Pattinson – Cedric Diggory
and,
Brendan Gleeson to play Mad-Eye Moody. Interesting choice! Gleeson played Lord Johnson-Johnson, the ringleader at the Flesh Fair in ‘Artificial Intelligence.’  This was the casting decision I was most interested in learning about. It’s a very colorful role.

IP Logged

Bijou
Global Moderator

Tinkerus Supremis

Re: Goblet of Fire cast notes
Reply #1 - 13. Dec 2004 at 13:22
Print Post  
I still haven't read Prisoner of Azkaban Undecided I doubt I'll get around to reading Goblet of Fire before that comes out in the cinema either.

Hmm, Ralph Fiennes as Voldemort - think he could do quite well in that role. Miranda Richardson seems able to mould herself into almost any role. Haven't seen Frances de la Tour in anything since, good god, probly since Rising Damp heheh.
I've only seen Brendan Gleeson in AI and 28 Days Later, so I dunno how he'll do - especially since I don't know the character he's supposed to be playing hehe.
Haven't heard of the other actors/actresses.

love,
Bijou

IP Logged

josephk
Platinum Member

Reply #2 - 13. Dec 2004 at 18:17
Print Post  
Yeah, I don't know most of these actors and I haven't read the book so I don't know most of the characters either. But Ralph Fiennes as Voldemort sounds like a good choice. Looking forward to it.

Hope it'll be as good as Prisonner of Azkaban, which is my favourite of the movies so far.

IP Logged

YoungArthur
BA Moderator

Hagrid's Helper

Reply #3 - 13. Dec 2004 at 20:57
Print Post  
I only know 3 of the actors myself. I listed names of other actors in key roles because I thought it very likely that many here would know actors I'm not familiar with.  I'm pretty sure, though, that Ianevski is a new actor.  He is Bulgarian as is the character he plays.

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #4 - 13. Dec 2004 at 22:29
Print Post  
Although I was primarily interested in the casting of the kids in the first of the Potter movies....  I became much more interested in the adults from then on.  The Potter movies have consistently provided us with some of the finest actors imaginable.

IP Logged

Zabladowski
BA Moderator

The Wish Meister

Reply #5 - 19. Dec 2004 at 01:51
Print Post  
I only know three of these as well (by name anyway).

If I recall correctly, this is the book that features the wizard's tournament. That should make for some good scenes.

My hope is that the costuming and art direction return to the style established in the first two films and away from the experimentation offered in the third.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print