Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic actor (Read 2,027 times)
Jasen
Gold Member

Jasen

actor
22. Dec 2004 at 00:52
Print Post  
How do I get to be an actor?  I am 16 but I have stupid growth disorder and I dont think I ever will be tall like regular 16 year old boy.  I don't like hypopituitarism. I want to be a teenage actor. Not a little boy actor.

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Re: actor
Reply #1 - 22. Dec 2004 at 03:04
Print Post  
Firstly I think it would be worthwhile signing up with an agent that does casting for TV commercials. You may have to pay for a photo portfolio. Casting agents are always looking for extras. It's a good way to get some experience.

... also look around for an amateur theatre group or take drama classes. If you are serious about acting you'll need lessons.

Participate in school plays.  Borrow a video camera and make your own short movie...  with you performing in it.

Practice on your own in front of a mirror. Imitate accents and experiment with different ways to say the same set of words.

You'll need to be very dedicated and perhaps a bit lucky to succeed... talent, personality, looks, and social skills will help as well.

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #2 - 23. Dec 2004 at 01:40
Print Post  
Yeah..  it's tough.

I've seen plenty of kids picked on at school because they look different or behave differently than other kids.

It's what's inside that really counts. The hard reality of life is that most people in the world never really get the careers they wish for.

IP Logged

Ghostbear13
Silver Member

BA Member

Reply #3 - 23. Dec 2004 at 20:43
Print Post  
I think you should go to your school conciller and ask for his advice.You sound a bit upset.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print