Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Robert Lynen (Read 6,245 times)
josephk
Platinum Member

Robert Lynen
30. Dec 2004 at 15:04
Print Post  
I'm going to start this thread and use it as a place to gather information and images of French actor Robert Lynen. We should create a profile eventually too.

Feel free to contribute if you have any information or images that you can share.

Robert Lynen
(1920-1944)

IMDb: (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

1932       Poil de carotte (by Julien Duvivier)
1933       Le petit roi (by Julien Duvivier)
1934       Sans famille (by Marc Allégret)
1936       La belle équipe (by Julien Duvivier)
1937       L'homme du jour (by Julien Duvivier)
1937      Un carnet de bal (by Julien Duvivier)
1937      Le fraudeur (by Léopold Simons)
1938       Education de prince (by Alexandre Esway)
1938      La vie est magnifique (by Maurice Cloche)
1938      Le petit chose (by Maurice Cloche)
1938      Mollenard (by Robert Siodmak)
1940       Espoirs (by Willy Rozier)
1942       Cap au large (by Jean-Paul Paulin)

* Born May 1920 in Sarrogna-Nermier (Jura - France) - IMDb says 1921, but I think it's a mistake
    * Died April 1 1944 in Karlsruhe (Germany)
    * Full name: Robert Henri Lynen

* Has the same first name as his father, who was a painter.
    * Became famous with his first film, Poil de carotte.
    * Until the war, he was very popular and many directors wanted to work with him.
    * In 1940 (age 20), he joined the Resistance, for which he went on several missions.
    * Arrested February 7 1943, in Cassis. Subsequently deported to Germany.
    * Sentenced to death along with 14 other members of his network. He was executed on April 1 1944 in Karlsruhe.

The cover of a biography:

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

review: (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (in French)

I am looking for video caps or information on the movies he played in. Please share with all what you have.

I saw Poil de Carotte over the holidays (it played on TV) and I was very impressed with the movie and with his performance.

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Re: Robert Lynen
Reply #1 - 03. Jan 2005 at 01:30
Print Post  
Gosh Joseph, you are getting some good stuff turning up on your telly. I've never seen Robert Lynen in anything  Sad
« Last Edit: 03. Jan 2005 at 21:53 by cal-Q-L8 »  

IP Logged

josephk
Platinum Member

Reply #2 - 03. Jan 2005 at 09:55
Print Post  
I'm really surprised that nobody here has seen anything he was in. From what I read, he was a very popular child actor in Frence after Poil de carotte was released. Either he was quickly forgotten after that, or his popularity didn't really cross borders.

The movie I'd most want to see from his filmography is Sans famille.

IP Logged

Zabladowski
BA Moderator

The Wish Meister

Reply #3 - 03. Jan 2005 at 16:18
Print Post  
I have heard about Robert Lynen but have never seen anything he's in. His work travels better to you joseph because French language television can be sustained where you are, but in the US....

Most old foreign movies, even if they're in English, aren't readily available here. Robert's version of Poil de carotte is available on VHS (if you look hard enough), but the quality of the image/subs is very, very poor.
I keep hoping that a good transfer will appear someday.

IP Logged

movielover

BA Member

Reply #4 - 27. Dec 2005 at 19:17
Print Post  
JosephK, I'm sorry that all of my resources are currently in storage but if I remember correctly Robert was actually an American, or least his parents were. His father moved to Paris because that's where he wanted to paint, but the family was so poor that they were living in a tent at the time Robert got the role of Poil de carotte. His film earnings supported the family for years.

There were at least three versions of this story. I have only seen Robert's but I have seen photos of the other actors and Robert was easily the best looking. Most reviewers rate his version highest.

I hate to enter a personal note, but can one of the moderators tell me how to change my password. I screwed up and can't use my usual on-screen name. I can give an e-mail address if you prefer. Thanks.

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #5 - 27. Dec 2005 at 21:56
Print Post  
Quote:
hate to enter a personal note, but can one of the moderators tell me how to change my password. I screwed up and can't use my usual on-screen name. I can give an e-mail address if you prefer. Thanks

You could change your nick slighty and re-register. Or click on where it says 'Profile' (above)... and type in a new password... verify it... then click the change profile button.  That should do it.  If it doesn't work send me a message using the 'Message' option.

IP Logged

Nérodiaman
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #6 - 15. Aug 2012 at 17:13
Print Post  
Smiley I saw Robert LYNEN in Poil de carotte. Very moving !

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print