Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Liam Aiken Online (Read 4,773 times)
Elliott
Silver Member

BA Member

Liam Aiken Online
03. Jan 2005 at 00:29
Print Post  
I doubt any of you will be interested Wink, but here's Liam's new (?) website.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Lite
Platinum Member

AKA Teddy Bear

Re: Liam Aiken Online
Reply #1 - 03. Jan 2005 at 08:00
Print Post  
It don't look like an offical site to me Smiley

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #2 - 03. Jan 2005 at 09:13
Print Post  
I think it's interesting that most of the caps used on that site for the movie Henry Fool are the exact same ones I made myself and they can be found here:

IP Logged

josephk
Platinum Member

Reply #3 - 03. Jan 2005 at 10:03
Print Post  
Yeah, that happens. Some people make a really big fuss over it, but I don't really mind. I always find it a bit ridiculous when I read announcements on websites about not copying the images (or, worse, when people install some stupid java script that prevents you from right clicking the image). It's not like these images really belong to us.

It would be nice of them to give you credit for the caps, though.

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #4 - 03. Jan 2005 at 21:18
Print Post  
I certainly don't mind at all, the irony though is that the Liam Aiken site has disabled the right click option if you try to save individual pics. It's a pretty petty thing to do IMO and shows a level of ignorance on their part, because the pics can always be saved using the file/save as option on IE's tool bar.

IP Logged

josephk
Platinum Member

Reply #5 - 03. Jan 2005 at 22:49
Print Post  
Oh! I hadn't noticed they had disabled that option on the site. I was just mentioning how I hate that without knowing they were doing it.

That is rather stupid of them, especially since their pics are "stolen" from our site. Now that does piss me off. They feel free to post pics taken from other websites, but they don't want to share them with anyone?

Actually, if I wasn't afraid of causing shit for BA, I would probably write to them, claim ownership of those caps, allow them to keep them on their website but demand that they credit us, state that the caps are available to all and disable the right-click block on the gallery.

IP Logged

Lite
Platinum Member

AKA Teddy Bear

Reply #6 - 04. Jan 2005 at 04:30
Print Post  
Go Josephk, Go Josephk, give em hell!!!  Cheesy

IP Logged

Elliott
Silver Member

BA Member

Reply #7 - 04. Jan 2005 at 21:44
Print Post  

I didn't know they'd taken your photos. I was hoping for a thread about Mr. Aiken because I really like him. I hope they make another ASOUE movie.

With all due respect,

Elliott

IP Logged

josephk
Platinum Member

Reply #8 - 04. Jan 2005 at 23:33
Print Post  
I like Liam Aiken too, Elliott. Thanks for pointing out the website. It's always nice to see fansites for those actors we like, no matter where they get their pictures from. Wink

It's amazing that, aside from his small role in Road to Perdition, I've never seen Liam Aiken in any movie. I really want to see Henry Fool, Stepmom, Good Boy and A Series of Unfortunate Events - all movies that I doubt very much I will enjoy, other than for Liam's performance in them. I especially want to see him in Good Boy. They were playing it at the videostore the other day and I saw parts of it. It looks rather silly, but he's so damn cute in it and his performance looks really natural.

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #9 - 05. Jan 2005 at 00:28
Print Post  
I think I better make something clear here...

I'm not complaining at all about them using the caps I made. I never claim ownership of any caps. I just find it odd that a site that claims to be an 'official site' would not produce their own 'officially sanctioned images'. I'm flattered to have any caps I make used on any site that wants to use them.

I've often collected images and then reposted them at a later date not knowing where I got them from so I don't expect to be acknowledged when my caps are used because I often forget to do likewise.

The only criticism I have is that they have disabled the 'right click' option so other people can't save the images...   I just don't get it when sites do that.

So back to Liam...  he's one of my favourite young actors and I've always thought he has genuine talent. I would like to see him do a few projects as a teen and stay in the business... even though it's tough for kid actors moving through adolesence and having to adjust to different sort of roles that require a different type of acting skill than kid actors...  I recon he can do it.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print