Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Jack Wild (Read 6,481 times)
Lite
Platinum Member

AKA Teddy Bear

Jack Wild
05. Jan 2005 at 10:34
Print Post  
I'm pretty sure some of the movies below need adding to his profile, well according to IMDB.

Melody (1971) .... Ornshaw
... aka S.W.A.L.K.
Pufnstuf (1970) .... Jimmy
"H.R. Pufnstuf" (1969) TV Series .... Jimmy
"Knock Three Times" (1968) TV Series .... Jack
The Queen & the Welshman (1966) (TV) .... Edmund Tudor
... aka Theatre 625: The Queen & the Welshman (UK: series title)
A Game, Like, Only a Game (1966) (TV) .... Peter

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Re: Jack Wild
Reply #1 - 09. Jan 2005 at 05:16
Print Post  
...but he was over 15 years old when they were made  Grin

IP Logged

Lite
Platinum Member

AKA Teddy Bear

Reply #2 - 09. Jan 2005 at 06:31
Print Post  
he did not look it  ???

the ones he made in 66 and 67 should go in though!

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #3 - 09. Jan 2005 at 07:42
Print Post  
Ok done   Smiley

..but seeing that you started this thread you may like to make it an appropriate thread for this forum by finding his biography or an interview to post here  Smiley

IP Logged

Lite
Platinum Member

AKA Teddy Bear

Reply #4 - 09. Jan 2005 at 17:38
Print Post  
something like....

Born September 30, 1952 in Royton, near Oldham, England, Jack Wild was discovered by talent agent June Collins mother of rock star Phil Collins. His breakthrough came when he landed the role of Oliver in the London stage production of Oliver!. When it came to casting the film, the role of The Artful Dodger went to Jack, a role that resulted in Jack getting an Oscar nomination for best supporting actor. Fresh from this success, Jack was offered the lead role in an American television series called "H.R. Pufnstuf" (1969). This Sid and Marty Krofft production featured Wild with puppets and actors in elaborate costumes as a marooned boy in an enchanted land. Other characters included Mayor Pufnstuf, a friendly dragon, and the evil Witchipoo (more than a nod to the Wicked Witches from The Wizard of Oz), who schemes to steal his magic talking flute for herself. The success of this programme led to Wild reprising the role for the film version, Pufnstuf (1970). Other roles followed, including Melody (1971) and Flight of the Doves (1971). Around the same time, Jack released three albums ("The Jack Wild Album", "Everything's Coming up Roses", featuring along with cover numbers a couple of new songs written by up and coming songwriter Lynsey De Paul, and "Beautiful World"). By 1972, he was already being demoted to the role of supporting actor for The Pied Piper (1972). He also appeared in "Our Mutual Friend" (1976) (mini). More recently, he returned to films in two small roles: Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves (1991) and Basil (1998).

Where are they now
June 2000 - Jack lives north of London. He is divorced, but currently in a 4 year relationship with actress Claire Harding. Heavy drinking in his early years cost him his career and his health. He is now a diabetic. He has been sober since 1988. He has gotten the occasional film role since that time, but has predominantly worked on British stage. He is currently being cast as a homosexual chef for a British tv comedy.

found on IMBD

and theres also a fansite here --> (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

MikeZ
Platinum Member

What?

Reply #5 - 04. May 2005 at 17:18
Print Post  
Jack had a very serious procedure a short time ago, which included the removal of his larynx...since then, I have been unable to find any reports of his health.

Anyone have any updated news?

IP Logged

Quantum
BA Administrator

BA Member

Reply #6 - 04. May 2005 at 17:41
Print Post  
There was a Oliver! reunion broadcast in the UK last Christmas. Jack had cancer of the oesophagus and has had part of his tongue removed. He does appear to be clear of cancer at the moment...

This is how he looks currently:
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

And this is how Mark Lester currently looks:

IP Logged

MikeZ
Platinum Member

What?

Reply #7 - 04. May 2005 at 18:16
Print Post  
Thanks very much for the update....it's really sad to see his condition now, I wish him the best.

Jack was always my fav, even over Mark.

IP Logged

apple
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #8 - 17. Nov 2005 at 05:27
Print Post  
'My lifestyle caused my mouth cancer'

Growing alcohol use is causing a steep rise in mouth cancer cases, experts have warned just days before the planned extension of pub opening hours.

One-time child star Jack Wild, 53, communicates to others through his wife Claire since he lost his voice three years ago.

The seasoned actor had to have his voice box - the larynx - and tongue removed because he developed mouth cancer, which could not be beaten with radiotherapy alone.

It was a huge blow to Jack, who was nominated for an Oscar at the age of 16 for his famous performance as the Artful Dodger in the 1968 movie version of Oliver!

But he is grateful that the cancer has not returned a second time and says it is vital that other people recognise the signs and symptoms of this increasingly common cancer.

Currently, nearly 4,500 people have mouth cancer in the UK.

Like Jack, many develop it because of a lifestyle of heavy drinking and smoking.

Jack said: "Until I was diagnosed with mouth cancer, I'd never heard of it.

"What I learned very quickly was that my lifestyle had made me a walking time bomb.

"I was a heavy smoker and an even heavier drinker and apparently together they are a deadly mixture."

The only warning Jack had that something might be wrong was a pain in the ear that would not go away.

He put it down to his busy work schedule and his frequent flights to and from the US.

His wife Claire recalled: "Jack was taking about £20 worth of pain killers each week.

This carried on for some time, but he saw his GP and eventually it was discovered that his pain was down to a tumour at the base of his tongue."

Jack had radiotherapy, but the cancer returned two years later and then his only choice was to have surgery to remove his tongue and larynx.

Thankfully, the surgery worked and the cancer has not returned. But it does now mean that Jack cannot speak, drink or eat.

He has to have all of his meals and nutrients delivered in a liquid via a tube that goes straight into his stomach.

"You just have to deal with it," said Jack. "Fortuitously, I have carried on working."

He has continued to take on some acting roles - most recently in the movie Moussaka & Chips - and is currently writing his autobiography.

Jack wants other people who may be at risk of mouth cancer to seek help early so they do not have to go through the same treatment he has had to.

Mouth cancer is easier to treat if caught early and the chances of survival are greatly improved. Also, up to 75% of cases could be avoided by stopping smoking and reducing alcohol intake."

Jack said: "I would urge anyone who has the symptoms to get them checked out immediately."
Mouth cancer warning signs
See a doctor or dentist if any of these last for more than three weeks:
an ulcer or sore in your mouth
a red or white patch in your mouth
an unexplained pain in your mouth or ear
an unexplained lump in your neck
A sore or painful throat
A croaky voice or difficulty swallowing

IP Logged

BaBe
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 04. Mar 2007 at 09:40
Print Post  
i felt really really sad about jack wild  died and i fancied him in the  oliver and another personi fancied but died of drug something died aswell his name was river phoenix brother to jaquain phoenix.river phoenix was in stand by me wich ive got  and there is a song called stand by me based on the film wich i know the song off by heart

IP Logged

Nérodiaman
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #10 - 13. Aug 2012 at 17:27
Print Post  

Smiley I saw Jack in Oliver !, Melody and The Pied Piper. Very good actor. RIP !

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print