Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Who's This?!!! (Read 3,896 times)
Wildeboy
Gold Member

Teen Alexander

Who's This?!!!
20. Jan 2005 at 10:15
Print Post  
No, I haven't lost my mind.  The yanks among you probably know and should keep silent, but do any of the rest wish to make a guess?

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Thanks to Festus for the cap.

IP Logged

Jasen
Gold Member

Jasen

Re: Who's This?!!!
Reply #1 - 20. Jan 2005 at 11:20
Print Post  
That is got to be girl not boy.

IP Logged

gee
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #2 - 20. Jan 2005 at 11:33
Print Post  
it riley mceldon(sp) h eplayed a girl in a episdoe of law and order. somebody posted something about this on somewhere else i post.

IP Logged

Wildeboy
Gold Member

Teen Alexander

Reply #3 - 20. Jan 2005 at 13:10
Print Post  
Reiley McClendon (Pearl Harbor) it is.  He played a dual role of brother and sister (?) twins on Law and Order SVU Tuesday night and gave a fabulous performance.  I did a posting of him here a few months ago when he appeared on Law and Order Criminal Intent.

I've often said that LOSVU is possibly the best show on tv right now for showcasing talented young actors in challanging roles.  Rory Culkin, Spencer Treat Clark, Joseph Cross, Shane Haboucha and, recently, Jordan Garrett have been featured.  Of course, Connor Paolo's career was made by that series.
I must say, however, they really outdid themselves with Reiley's episode which combined some very adult material with several surprising twists.  Below, are the twins, Reiley and Reiley:

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

josephk
Platinum Member

Reply #4 - 20. Jan 2005 at 20:01
Print Post  
I personally think he doesn't look very convincing in that ridiculous wig and makeup. But that doesn't say anything about his acting talent.

It certainly is an interesting and challenging role. I'd like to see it.

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #5 - 20. Jan 2005 at 20:35
Print Post  
...yeah I think they could have done a little bit better with his hair. 

I agree that this show does occasionally give a decent meaty role to a young actor... which is a good thing...  however I strongly dislike the entire 'Law and Order' franchise and it's CSI clones.

It's disturbing that so many American shows glorify 'fear' and 'violence' and 'death'  and 'revenge' and present it as daily entertainment, packaged with a heavily right-wing narrow-minded, god is on our side style of  'justice'.

IP Logged

Wildeboy
Gold Member

Teen Alexander

Reply #6 - 20. Jan 2005 at 21:05
Print Post  
Reiley does look rather silly in the beginning but as the show progresses, his feminine appearance becomes more convincing.  However, I must say, without revealing too much, gender identity becomes an issue.

Cal, I really couldn't disagree with you more about the Law and Order and CSI series.  Granted, some of those elements exist, and there are shows where your descriptions are quite accurate.  These two franchises are much more, however.  The Law and Order shows are about the baroque twists and turns of the criminal justice system and the cops and lawyers are portrayed as fallable.  Often, the bad guys go free.  The fascination of CSI is the science and intricacies of forensic investigation, a much more interesting subject for entertainment than anyone would suspected.

Any shows that give talented young actors the opportunity to display their abilities in gritty, realistic settings are okay by me.  As you've probably gathered, I don't like kiddy stuff.

IP Logged

80s_kid
Silver Member

BA Member

Reply #7 - 21. Jan 2005 at 05:18
Print Post  
OMG  Shocked in the 1st pic he actually does look like a girl! Scary!!

YIM  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print