Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) I'm New: Can everyone redownload everything again (Read 5,535 times)
Rembrandt
Gold Member

BA Member

I'm New: Can everyone redownload everything again
14. Feb 2005 at 20:31
Print Post  
Just kidding!  I thought it would make someone laugh.
I want to introduce myself to all of you here. If you lerk in the newsgroups, you know me as The Wiz. If you go back a long time ago, you would have known me as Sandman. I kept the retromod group alive for a couple of years by posting 20 pictures a day, every day for 2 years. I was the person that introduced Mrs Todger to the retromod group and got to post his first 200 pictures for him untill he decieded to post himself.
I had a boy actors site for 2 years called TheWiz's Actors Pages. I have over 800 movies and it is still growing. I would like to have a web site again but it would just cost to much to keep it up and running.
I produce only high quality "portraits" under the name of Rembrandt. My regular vid-caps are under the name of TheWiz. I plan to post some vid-caps in the future here and hopfully they will join your Galleries. I do not have very much time to do them anymore because of my work but will pop in from time to time and post and make comments on other topics also.
I very seldom do anything from VHS but I just did a vid-cap of a very sldom seen Italian movie Kaos: La Giara. The boy (Giovanni Marsala) was in only one other film and that being 11 years latter. They are not the best quality but thought that he needed to be preserved here or some were else.  It will be latter this week before I will be able to find the best picks from the captures.

IP Logged

josephk
Platinum Member

Re: I'm New: Can everyone redownload everything ag
Reply #1 - 14. Feb 2005 at 22:02
Print Post  
Welcome to BoyActors, Rembrandt. It is an honour to have you with us. Smiley I remember your website, and I've also seen some of your work and Mrs Todger's in newsgroups before.

Feel free to share any of your video caps with us here. I know they will be appreciated by a lot of people. I used to have a website too, but like you I couldn't afford to keep the domain name and to host it without ads. One of the nice things about this site is that it allows a lot of people who don't have websites to share their caps with people. We can archive them in a place where they will be appreciated by others, as opposed to just putting them up on a newsgroup, where they will disappear within weeks.

Check your private messages soon. I will send you a note in a moment.

IP Logged

Zabladowski
BA Moderator

The Wish Meister

Reply #2 - 14. Feb 2005 at 22:45
Print Post  
Welcome Rembrandt!  Smiley

I am familiar with some of your past work and have enjoyed it as well. A certain Bobby Driscoll series, which I believe was your work, was particularly good.

I am not familiar with the Italian movie you mentioned, I look forward to learning more about it when you post.

IP Logged

YoungArthur
BA Moderator

Hagrid's Helper

Reply #3 - 15. Feb 2005 at 00:09
Print Post  
Hello Rembrandt! (Hm! Who would dream I would ever get to say that Grin) You certainly come well-recommended. I haven't been into newsgroups at all but I can feel the pressure building.
Welcome Smiley

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #4 - 15. Feb 2005 at 08:08
Print Post  
Hello Rembrandt!

I'm very familiar with your work over many years and I've always thought of you as one of the very best in the field. We would be delighted to host any of your galleries and we are making it a practice to acknowledge all contributors.

There are various ways of getting the pics to us...  we have a gallery upload Forum...  but it's a fairly tedious process.  As you have a lot of pics perhaps the easiest way would be to upload to a newsgroup and we could collect them from there.

Retromod is a group which is easily accessible as you know. We'll leave it up to you as to whatever method you find the most convenient.

IP Logged

Rembrandt
Gold Member

BA Member

Reply #5 - 15. Feb 2005 at 10:17
Print Post  
Thank you all for your kind words. I intend to upload some of my pictures into the picture forum soon. Is there a limit of the amount of pictures per post? Should I post a collection from a movie in multiple posts if I have a lot of pictures from a movie? I will post only one actor per post even though there may be multiple actors per movie. I will not step on anybody’s toes with a post that is already contained in your galleries unless they are considerable improvements on the quality.

IP Logged

Wildeboy
Gold Member

Teen Alexander

Reply #6 - 15. Feb 2005 at 11:11
Print Post  
Hi The Wiz!  I remember you from the early days of B.O.Y.S.  "Rembrandt" now, huh.  Good nick.  Many of us reinvent ourselves from time to time.  I'm now known as "Paolofan" everywhere but here.

IP Logged

Bijou
Global Moderator

Tinkerus Supremis

Reply #7 - 15. Feb 2005 at 14:55
Print Post  
Welcome to BA Rembrandt Smiley Glad to have you aboard.

love,
Bijou

IP Logged

Ripley
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 15. Feb 2005 at 17:13
Print Post  
Welcome Wiz,

Splendid resume by the way Wink hehe

I'm glad to see you here and delighted to see you will offer some captures, i'm sure they will be a great addition to an already fine site......

regards
Ripley

IP Logged

Lite
Platinum Member

AKA Teddy Bear

Reply #9 - 19. Feb 2005 at 14:12
Print Post  
Hello Mr Whizzy Rembrandt type person who is a person, I think you may also know me too, from the groups on newsy type servers, and I think theres no need to tell you what nick I use either Cheesy

welcome to this lil corner of the net, and I also enjoy the movies you share Smiley

Teddy Hugs
Teddy

IP Logged

Rembrandt
Gold Member

BA Member

Reply #10 - 20. Feb 2005 at 21:43
Print Post  
Hi! Wildeboy and Teddy Bear. I know most everyone else from different boards in the past or from the news groups. On the 5th, I was looking at the messages on the board and making replies and suddenly my computer went dead. My Raid 5, 4 HD system fried. I have had it over the 3 year waranty for the disks and raid controler and am just now recovering and reinstalling everything on the computer. I lost my Dean Stockwell pictures from Anchors Aweigh and my pictures from Tom Sawyer. I still have my Treasure Island pictures in the TIF format. I will convert them again and download them into the board. I am going to ask, in the news groups, if anyone has those 2 series. Like a dummy, I did not have them on disk. I could kick myself for that. I also lost all the work that was started but not completed. It gives me something to do.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print