Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Culkin vs Culkin vs Culkin? (Read 3,942 times)
RocketBoy
Bronze Member

RocketBoy

Culkin vs Culkin vs Culkin?
04. Mar 2005 at 17:14
Print Post  
Various Culkin brothers have been mentioned alot in the last week, not just here on ba. So I was wondering, who do you think is the better actor of the 3 brothers?

My vote is for Kieran. Mac was never a good actor to me, just kewl to watch. Mac had all the star making roles...I think it was a "being blonde" thing..lol  Rory is a close second and I think by the time he reaches Mac and Keiran's age, and has as many films under his belt he'll ebb out Keiran as well.

IP Logged

Zabladowski
BA Moderator

The Wish Meister

Re: Culkin vs Culkin vs Culkin?
Reply #1 - 04. Mar 2005 at 17:27
Print Post  
You mean I can't choose Christian?  Grin

While the book is still being written so to speak, I'm inclined to think Rory will ultimately win out in this competition.

Kieran was on a roll at the turn of the century but his career seems to have lost some momentum. He is one of those rare actors for me who I became more impressed with as he aged.   Smiley

Rory was great right out of the box and has done nothing to diminish my opinion of him as an actor.

Mac wins only in the visually appealing/personality department for me.

IP Logged

Keegan

BA Member

Reply #2 - 04. Mar 2005 at 18:19
Print Post  
There is something special about the calmness and deepness which emanates from Rory's face, and the fact that he just succeeds in doing excellent (you can count on me) or even absolutely great films (Mean Creak).
So my vote goes to him.

IP Logged

Jasen
Gold Member

Jasen

Reply #3 - 04. Mar 2005 at 19:19
Print Post  
I look on internet and see when Culkins born:

Shane    1976
Macauley   1980
Kieren    1982
Christian   1987
Rory    1989

Shane only in one movie it was in 1989.
Also got two sisters but dont know if both do acting.

I dont think Macauley good actor but he lucky bcause he got good film with good storys.

I think Kieren good actor in Nowhere to Run.

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #4 - 04. Mar 2005 at 22:48
Print Post  
This question pops up from time to time and I'm not really sure I've ever been able to decide who's the better actor...  they all have different personalities. I still maintain the belief that Home Alone was a big hit because of Mac...  I also think he did a great job in My Girl and The Good Son, and was spot on in Uncle Buck. He's certain the better of the three when it comes to comedy.

Kieran was excellent in The Mighty, but his other roles were not very demanding, so he was as good as could be expected. Igby, his best role so far was when he was over 15.

Rory hasn't done any comedy yet so I'm not sure of his range. He's been good in everything he's done though.

So if I had to choose I'd go for Kieran, but only by a very slight margin over the other two.

IP Logged

AH382
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #5 - 05. Mar 2005 at 15:32
Print Post  
I agree with cal. I like Mac and kieran because they are good actors that I ever seen.

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

Lite
Platinum Member

AKA Teddy Bear

Reply #6 - 06. Mar 2005 at 11:11
Print Post  
RORY it has to be Smiley

IP Logged

zhizhi
Bronze Member

BA Member

Reply #7 - 07. Mar 2005 at 10:04
Print Post  
Rory all the way  Smiley

Kieran was great in The Mighty but had not done much besides that. Rory won me over with You Can Count On Me and I have not been disappointed by any of his performance since. 

IP Logged

Lite
Platinum Member

AKA Teddy Bear

Reply #8 - 07. Mar 2005 at 22:24
Print Post  
to answer in more depth than I did before.

Mac for me lost at the point of "getting even with dad",  that was a disappointment, and he never recovered.

Kieran has always been good, never given a disappointing performance, and is talanted.

Rory on the other hand is just good all round, and has done some great work, better than keiran and mac, and I think he will go on to do even better work, directors seem to have found what he is good at, and have not assositated him with mac.

keiran had to follow macs footsteps, rory had to follow keirans, and he was easier to follow than mac.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print