Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Tyler Garcia Posey tonight! (Read 4,874 times)
MarkL02
Bronze Member

BA Member

Tyler Garcia Posey tonight!
06. Mar 2005 at 15:34
Print Post  
Tyler Garcia Posey stars in a new episode of "Sue Thomas, Private Eye," tonight (Sunday 3/6) at 9 ET on Pax-TV.  Tyler plays the only survivor of a restaurant explosion. 

I wonder when this episode was filmed?  The last time we saw Tyler, he was in the final 2 episodes of "Doc."  Those were on TV last November, but I think they were filmed about a year ago in Canada.  When "Doc" returned to Pax last fall, people already knew how many episodes were left, and they were already filmed.  "Sue Thomas" is already cancelled, basically because Pax-TV is going broke, but I think we'll see a much more recent performance from Tyler than we did in the last episode of "Doc."

IP Logged

MarkL02
Bronze Member

BA Member

Re: Tyler Garcia Posey tonight!
Reply #1 - 06. Mar 2005 at 22:08
Print Post  
Tyler's hair is longer now, which is not a bad thing!  He is one of those lucky kids who is very slow to grow up.  His voice may be a little lower but he looked almost the same as when he did the final episode of Doc.

This episode called on him to do a lot more acting than most of his Doc episodes did, so it was good to see he was up to the task.  He showed real emotions and played a boy with a lot of complicated feelings.  I wish we saw him more often.

IP Logged

Zabladowski
BA Moderator

The Wish Meister

Reply #2 - 06. Mar 2005 at 23:40
Print Post  
Thanks for the update Mark and WELCOME :wavey: to BA.

Unfortunately I didn't see this in time to check out Tyler, but I'm very excited to have a poster of your stature come and join us on the forum.

I have enjoyed reading your comments for several years and in fact your words first made an appearance here back in 2002 when I lifted your Respiro comments on usenet for republication here.

I look forward to reading more of your opinions and insights in the future.  Smiley

IP Logged

MarkL02
Bronze Member

BA Member

Reply #3 - 07. Mar 2005 at 00:42
Print Post  
Thanks for the nice welcome, and I look forward to being here.  If I can figure out how to do it, I'll try to post a vidcap of Tyler from tonight. 

Respiro was one of my favorite movies from my nearby film festival a couple of years ago.  I'm impressed that you remember I wrote about it!  This year, my favorite film festival movie was (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links), and now it has won the Oscar for best documentary.  If you get a chance to see this film, you should go!

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #4 - 09. Mar 2005 at 04:27
Print Post  
Mark,  there should be a little paper clip symbol just below the field in which you type a new post...  you can use it to upload images.

IP Logged

MarkL02
Bronze Member

BA Member

Reply #5 - 09. Mar 2005 at 19:24
Print Post  
Thanks for helping me get image uploading to work.  I hope it'll be worth the effort.  Smiley

Here's a vidcap of Tyler from Sunday night's show.  You can see his hair is about the longest it's ever been, but he really hasn't changed all that much since we saw him last.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #6 - 09. Mar 2005 at 20:28
Print Post  
Ahh yes... He's looking mighty fine... the long hair makes him look even better. Sets him apart from the short haired lemmings and robots.

IP Logged

YoungArthur
BA Moderator

Hagrid's Helper

Reply #7 - 09. Mar 2005 at 21:14
Print Post  
Yes, I love those beautiful dark eyes and that longer hair. I saw him in 'Maid In Manhatten' and never caught a TV appearance. I lack the patience to scout TV shows for boyactors and I miss a lot of good performances, I know.

IP Logged

Zabladowski
BA Moderator

The Wish Meister

Reply #8 - 09. Mar 2005 at 23:31
Print Post  
Thanks for the cap Mark.
As more of a movie watcher, I haven't seen Tyler in anything since Maid in Manhattan, so his change in appearance is a little more dramatic for me.

I see on IMDB he has a film and a miniseries due out this year so it looks like he's keeping busy regardless.....which is a good thing. Smiley

IP Logged

MarkL02
Bronze Member

BA Member

Reply #9 - 10. Mar 2005 at 09:32
Print Post  
I hope all the future projects listed on IMDb for Tyler come true.  Until this surprise guest appearance last weekend, he'd been very quiet for a couple of years.  He cut back his appearances on Doc to only a handful each season, because he wanted to live at home in California, not work in Toronto.  You can't blame him for that.  Also, his "official" website disappeared without explanation maybe 6 months ago.  I'm glad he has this new miniseries role, but it looks like a small flashback role.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print