Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic How much is boy actor worth in film? (Read 2,766 times)
Jasen
Gold Member

Jasen

How much is boy actor worth in film?
08. Mar 2005 at 00:20
Print Post  
I read part of newspaper that say Tom Hanks and John Travolta get twenty million dollar to do film.

I wonder how much boy actor get in film even if he is very good like after Haley Osment almost win big awards.

IP Logged

Ghostbear13
Silver Member

BA Member

Re: How much is boy actor worth in film?
Reply #1 - 08. Mar 2005 at 07:08
Print Post  
I think they only get about a fourth of that kind of money,unless they have drawing kid power.Hey for five million dollars I think I wouldn't mind.Ready for my close up.

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #2 - 08. Mar 2005 at 07:24
Print Post  
A few of the child stars actually get big money...  I think Haley Joel Osment was paid $2 million for A.I. Former boy actors such as Macaulay Culkin got huge salaries...  he got $5 million for The Good Son and he got $8 million Getting Even With Dad and Richie Rich. Elijah Wood was getting million dollar salaries for movies such as North and Flipper.

However most child actors work for whatever the basic wage is that actors get... an average kid actor in a lead role in a medium budget flick would probably be lucky to get more than $10 thousand or thereabouts per movie.  Most kid actors don't get leading roles though...  so they'd be more like to get far less per role. I think Macaulay Culkin only got $25 thousand for the first Home Alone.

I think an average kid actor that guest roles in a TV show gets about $500 per day.

IP Logged

Jasen
Gold Member

Jasen

Reply #3 - 08. Mar 2005 at 11:29
Print Post  
If could have job lots of days then even 500 dollars is very good for only to be a actor.  Thats funny Macauley culkin only get 25,000 for most popular film he ever do but he get 8 million dollars for terrible film like Richie Rich.  Mabey not terrible but I dont like it much.

IP Logged

AH382
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #4 - 08. Mar 2005 at 17:58
Print Post  
Quote:
A few of the child stars actually get big money...  I think Haley Joel Osment was paid $2 million for A.I. Former boy actors such as Macaulay Culkin got huge salaries...  he got $5 million for The Good Son and he got $8 million Getting Even With Dad and Richie Rich. Elijah Wood was getting million dollar salaries for movies such as North and Flipper.

However most child actors work for whatever the basic wage is that actors get... an average kid actor in a lead role in a medium budget flick would probably be lucky to get more than $10 thousand or thereabouts per movie.  Most kid actors don't get leading roles though...  so they'd be more like to get far less per role. I think Macaulay Culkin only got $25 thousand for the first Home Alone.

I think an average kid actor that guest roles in a TV show gets about $500 per day.

Wow, Mac started being rich by money when he was in film when he was a kid?

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

MarkL02
Bronze Member

BA Member

Reply #5 - 08. Mar 2005 at 20:08
Print Post  
When you think about it, paychecks work that way for a lot of people.  A skyrocketing baseball star gets paid minimum wage (in major league baseball that's about a million dollars so don't feel bad).  When he makes the biggest bucks he is getting older and his skills are starting to fade.  But the way to make the biggest salary is to preserve those skills as long as you can.

I think Frankie Muniz is the highest paid young actor right now.  He made about $5 million for "Agent Cody Banks 2."  He's getting something like $3 million for a season of Malcolm.  But the box office and the ratings are not what they used to be, so he will not be getting checks like this for very long.

Some networks like Disney film 70 episodes of a comedy in one year.  That way they have 3 years worth in the can.  If the show becomes a hit, they don't have to pay their actors more.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print