Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic The Bargain Bin Revisited (Read 2,084 times)
Zabladowski
BA Moderator

The Wish Meister

The Bargain Bin Revisited
19. Apr 2005 at 23:19
Print Post  
Lately I have had occasion to be browsing in two of my country's larger mass retailers, Wal-Mart and CVS. While these might not be the first places you would think of to find rare on-topic DVDs for sale cheap, I discovered just that in my recent visits.  Shocked

It seems that Daniel & The Superdogs, An Angel for May, Entrusted and Tooth have all been released to Region 1 DVD. I haven't noticed any of these for rental at my favorite video stores and Netflix isn't carrying any of them at present, though Amazon and a few other online retailers do seem to have them for sale. It's really unfortunate that some of these smaller films have zero publicity about their DVD release.   Sad

Doing a little research tonight, I've found some other films of interest that have impending DVD releases that are so low profile that not even PhiloD knows about them.  Grin

May 31     Banjo Hackett
Jun 7       Robin of Locksley
Jun 7       Delivering Milo
Jun 14     Kenny & Company
Jun 14     The Reivers

IP Logged

Jasen
Gold Member

Jasen

Re: The Bargain Bin Revisited
Reply #1 - 23. Apr 2005 at 23:02
Print Post  
Zabladowski
I seen Banjo Hacket on Movieplex channel couple year ago and also seen Reivers on PBS channel very long time ago when got old movie of week.  I like both and are very good films and happy they go on dvd.

IP Logged

Zabladowski
BA Moderator

The Wish Meister

Reply #2 - 28. Apr 2005 at 22:44
Print Post  
I actually haven't gotten around to seeing The Reivers yet, Jasen but like you I have seen Banjo Hackett on Movieplex.

My recommendations from that list would be An Angel for May, Entrusted and Kenny & Company.

I heartily do not recommend buying Tooth or Delivering Milo unless they are very very cheap.  Grin

IP Logged

Jasen
Gold Member

Jasen

Reply #3 - 28. Apr 2005 at 23:17
Print Post  
Thank you for movies recomend to see Zabladowski.  I seen advertise for dvd "Reivers" and it going to be very low price.

I will try see Kenny & Company some day if can.  I dont see other two films on list but I watch for them too and mabey can read reveiws.  Thank you.

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #4 - 29. Apr 2005 at 12:33
Print Post  
An Angel for May and Entrusted are two excellent movies with two of my all time favourite young actors..

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print