Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Shawn Pyfrom (Read 1,617 times)
MikeZ
Platinum Member

What?

Shawn Pyfrom
02. May 2005 at 11:15
Print Post  
Nice writeup and updates of Shawn Pyfrom in this weekends paper.  Anyone interested, and I'll be glad to post it here.

IP Logged

Mediajock1
Silver Member

BA Member

Re: Shawn Pyfrom
Reply #1 - 02. May 2005 at 11:48
Print Post  
I AM!!!!!   I AM!!!!!   I AM!!!!!   

Smiley
MJ

IP Logged

MikeZ
Platinum Member

What?

Re: Shawn Pyfrom
Reply #2 - 02. May 2005 at 16:23
Print Post  
OK.....here we go!

The bad boy of Wisteria Lane

Looking back, Shawn Pyform said he expected to be little more than furniture on the set of Sesperate Housewives, another teen filling in the background of an adult series.

And that, he said, was ok.  He loved the script when he read it last year, and he was excited to be working on a promising new show.

Then something happened, slowly at first, but if a recent episode was any indication, the 18 year-old Tampa native is on the verge of something big. As Andrew Van De Kamp, Pyfrom has cranked up the tension on ABC's biggest new show, playing a teenager which is frighteningly soulless, manipulative and, now, it appears, sexually ambivalent.

In a telephone interview, Pyfrom said he's enjoying the wild ride, happy to be working and eager to see where the latest developments take his character, .

"It's crazy" he said.  "When I first started doing the show, I knew there was going to be some sort of buzz about it, I figured that it would have a small following. But I had no idea it would turn into something like this!"

As the season progressed, Pyform's character has movied into the foreground.  At first, he was part of another sub-plot, but every few episodes, the teen ups the stakes.  First some high school roughhousing, then drinking, then he kills a neighbor's mom in a hit-and run.  From there, he smokes pot, kicks his mom, and ends up in a boot camp.

This month, the director amped up the character again.  After a nude makeout scene with another young man, it certainly looked like "Andrew" was gay.  He suggested this to his parents, while at a camp of troubled tgeens, that he was leaning that way, a confession thatr rattled his mom, who likes to be the perfect mom, in a perfect world.

Pyfrom, who grew up in Town 'N Country in Tampa, said he's enjoying the direction his character has taken.  But he doesn't know yet how far it will go.

"It's kind of interesting, actually. I enjoy {{This has to be a misprint, but this is what is in the newspaper}} laying the bad guy. A  lot of kids my age don't get a chance to play this kind of charactor. I'm really grateful I got this kind of role...This kid pretty much has no soul"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print