Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Devon Gearhart (Read 5,683 times)
josephk
Platinum Member

Devon Gearhart
04. May 2005 at 00:26
Print Post  

I recently saw Devon Gearhart in the terribly boring, mediocre film Bobby Jones: Stroke of Genius. Devon is unfortunately only in the first 10 or 15 minutes of the film. After that, there are a few scenes while his character is 14 year old (played by Bubba Lewis), then it moves to the adult character for the rest of the film (played by Jesus Christ himself, Jim Cazaviel, one of the most sleep-inducing actors ever).

I can't really recommend the movie to anyone, but if it plays on TV or you've seen every other movie at the videostore, it's probably worth a look just to see Devon's performance. He's absolutely adorable in it.

Let's hope we see more of him soon. He's played in a few projects already since Bobby Jones:

Warm Springs (2005) (TV) .... Young Elliott Roosevelt
Little Men (2005) .... Jake
The Brooke Ellison Story (2004) (TV) .... Young Reed Ellison

They don't look like major parts. Maybe Little Men will be worth checking out. I don't know.

Here's a picture, stolen from IMDb:

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Re: Devon Gearhart
Reply #1 - 04. May 2005 at 08:36
Print Post  
That's a fabulous pic of Devon...

There are quite a few other excellent pics of Devon on IMBd too...   I think I'll collect them as well   Smiley

IP Logged

josephk
Platinum Member

Reply #2 - 04. May 2005 at 23:58
Print Post  
By the way...

If anybody rents this Bobby Jones movie, make sure to watch the deleted scene. There are about four and they ALL feature Devon. They say the scenes were cut in order to quicken the pace a little in the first part of the film.

There's also a very funny bit in the "making of" featurette, where Devon is interviewed and talks about similarities with his character. There's also some footage that shows the director was letting him call "action" on the set and doing the "clapper" thing before the takes. He looks like he's really having fun.

I still think the movie's crap, but Devon looks like a great kid.
« Last Edit: 05. May 2005 at 07:09 by josephk »  

IP Logged

zork
Silver Member

BA Member

Reply #3 - 05. May 2005 at 00:36
Print Post  
Thanks josephK. Devon looks so sweet. Grin

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

I'll rent the DVD this weekend... Smiley

IP Logged

josephk
Platinum Member

Reply #4 - 05. May 2005 at 07:10
Print Post  
Thanks for linking to that other thread. I knew that movie had been mentioned here before. There are some nice pictures there.

IP Logged

Will
Bronze Member

Lurker at best

Reply #5 - 10. Jul 2005 at 10:55
Print Post  
I bought the movie "Little Men" which was just recently released onto DVD. You can tell it was a low budget movie, but all the kids do such a great job and even though most of them are not professional actors, they're awesome. The movie I think they said was shot in 10 or 11 days so working with that many kids to get a movie done is pretty amazing.

Devon is one of the main characters in it. He's as cute as a bug's ear too. I can't say if it's ever going to be on TV or in your local rental store. I figured I better get a copy while I can in case it's my only chance. It's on my growing list of movies to cap so when I get it done, I'll be sure that everyone here gets the chance to see them, unless someone beats me to it, which would be fine too. Smiley

--Will

IP Logged

Mediajock1
Silver Member

BA Member

Reply #6 - 10. Jul 2005 at 12:59
Print Post  
He is in Warm Springs a lot LESS than in Bobby Jones.  I watched that to see if I could see him or Matt O'Leary and none of them were in it ebough to warrant the time I wasted with it.  There's 2 hours of my life I will never get back.  Sad

MJ

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #7 - 11. Jul 2005 at 03:21
Print Post  
Will,

I'm looking forward to seeing a LOT of caps from Little Men.   Smiley

IP Logged

Nérodiaman
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #8 - 14. Aug 2012 at 10:57
Print Post  

Smiley I saw Devon in Canvas, Dog days of Summer and Shorts. He has a very good play and I liked very much this very good boy actor. I have also the DVD of Funny Games US but I hav'not to seen this movie very dirty !

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print