Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  Print
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Billy Elliot Musical (Read 19,989 times)
apple
Platinum Member

BA Member

Re: Billy Elliot Musical
Reply #45 - 27. Jan 2006 at 05:06
Print Post  
cal said about michael jackson:

I wish he'd stop covering his kid's faces up... of all the weird things he does, that's what disturbs me the most...

i regret to report that `the gloved one` has taken not the blindest bit of notice of cal's sage advice.

he was photographed this week on a shopping expedition.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

here's the news report (in spanish!) :

25 de enero de 2006, 17h45

Michael Jackson es visto en Bahrein vestido de mujer

MANAMA (Reuters) - Michael Jackson fue visto el miércoles haciendo compras en Bahrein vestido de mujer, con un traje tradicional femenino, aparentemente para evitar llamar la atención.

La estrella del pop, quien lleva viviendo en Bahrein desde junio del año pasado invitado por la familia real, fue descubierto en un popular centro comercial vistiendo una túnica negra, guantes negros, gafas y un velo que le cubría el rostro.

Los tres niños de apariencia occidental que lo acompañaban llamaron la atención de los compradores, quienes rápidamente reconocieron a la estrella de "Thriller", quien es una figura popular en la región del Golfo.

"¡Por favor, no!, gritó Jackson a los fotógrafos antes de salir rápidamente con los niños y una mujer por la puerta trasera del centro comercial.

La mujer que acompañaba a Jackson pidió a los fotógrafos que retrocedieran.

"Tienen que darnos algo de privacidad. Por favor, tienen que entender su posición, está con sus hijos (...) tienen que dejarnos en paz", dijo.

Jackson, de 47 años, dejó Estados Unidos y se mudó a Bahrein el año pasado después de ser absuelto de los cargos de abuso sexual contra menores.*.

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #46 - 27. Jan 2006 at 10:10
Print Post  
Would you believe they actually reported that on the TV news here... in fact it was even used as a promo for the news.

He was referred to as 'Disgraced former pop star Michael Jackson ... fled the USA ... living in hiding ... after escaping child molestation charges... etc, etc.  The news anchor bloke had a very clear and obvious tone of disdain, emphasising the fact that Jackson was spotted disguised in a woman's outfit and in the company of his children.

IP Logged

apple
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #47 - 31. Jan 2006 at 03:52
Print Post  
he's currently in germany.

the uk daily star says he intends to travel on to munich, paris and venice.

photo at link.

i can't post the pic for operational reasons!! [the browser i'm using blocks photobucket!!]

Canadian Press
Published: Monday, January 30, 2006

HAMBURG, Germany (AP) - Michael Jackson offered a brief glimpse of himself during a visit to a friend in the northern German city of Hamburg.

The 47-year-old pop star waved to fans Sunday through a gap in the curtains in one of the windows of the house. Police confirmed that Jackson had been in Hamburg since Thursday. He was staying with the family of Wolfgang Schleiter, a music manager.

More than 100 fans gathered in freezing temperatures outside the house in the city's Niendorf district.

Last week, Jackson was spotted shopping in a mall in Manama, Bahrain, hiding his face behind a veil and donning a black robe traditionally worn by women in the Persian Gulf.

He was with three children, apparently his own, who also had their faces covered by dark scarves.

An unidentified woman accompanied them.

Jackson was acquitted in June on child molestation charges in California.

The pop star, who seems to be settling in the Persian Gulf, was seen leaving Marina Mall in the Bahrain capital, holding a child by the hand.

IP Logged

Lite
Platinum Member

AKA Teddy Bear

Reply #48 - 14. Feb 2006 at 04:46
Print Post  
getting back to the main theme of this thread

I finally got me tickets to go see the musical later in the year Smiley

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #49 - 15. Feb 2006 at 20:05
Print Post  
Oh you lucky duck!

'End of the year', Wow!  ... the show booked up that far in advance...  It looks like the musical is even more successful than the film.

There will probably be another new set of Billys by that time too.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Print