Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Who is this? (Read 3,429 times)
josephk
Platinum Member

Who is this?
03. Jul 2005 at 21:11
Print Post  
Not sure about his name. Can you tell which movie he's from?

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Rembrandt
Gold Member

BA Member

Re: Who is this?
Reply #1 - 03. Jul 2005 at 21:51
Print Post  
His name is Ervan Kawczinski. Birth date: December 20th 1982. This is from the movie “Une patronne de charme” ( French TV 1997). One of his best known roles was with another person that some of you will know: Clement van den Bergh in an episode of  “L’instit”. Soon after that there were 7 movies that followed. His last film was in 2001.

The movie:

Ervan Kawczinski:

Boy Actors of Europe: They have one picture of him from L’instit

Todays stars:

Clement van den Bergh’s site that mentions about their role in L’instit:

IP Logged

josephk
Platinum Member

Reply #2 - 03. Jul 2005 at 22:11
Print Post  
Sorry. Try again.

(You're on the right track, but wrong movie)

Smiley

IP Logged

Rembrandt
Gold Member

BA Member

Reply #3 - 04. Jul 2005 at 03:21
Print Post  
The only other film that could fit into his age bracket would be L’Année du certif. It is about a school teacher (from what I could decipher from French). School uniform? The only other film that it could be would be Venise est une femme but that would put him over 16 at the time of the filming and he does not look that age in the pictures. Also….I just looked at the names of the files. They all have a file name of charme. I thought I had this one pegged.

IP Logged

josephk
Platinum Member

Reply #4 - 04. Jul 2005 at 05:51
Print Post  
Sorry, I didn't mean that it was the right boy.

To be honest I don't think there's even much of a resemblance. I thought you had looked at the filename and searched for a movie with the word Charme in it that has a boy actor in it. That's why I said you were on the right track, because the movie indeed has that word in it.

But it's not Une patronne de charme, and as far as I know, there is no actor named Ervan Kawczinski in this film. Besides, he wasn't born when the film was made.

That's enough clues for now.

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #5 - 04. Jul 2005 at 09:04
Print Post  
I searched IMBd to no avail...   found a few movies with 'Charme' in the title, but nothing that seemed to match.  Sad

IP Logged

Rembrandt
Gold Member

BA Member

Reply #6 - 04. Jul 2005 at 11:26
Print Post  
Congratulations Josephk!!!  You just hit the huge number of 2000 posts.

IP Logged

josephk
Platinum Member

Reply #7 - 04. Jul 2005 at 20:59
Print Post  
Thanks Rembrandt. I hadn't even noticed!

I guess that means I should celebrate tonight and watch a movie featuring a boy. I think I will do that. Smiley

As for this guy... I figured it would be a tough one to guess, since the boy doesn't have a large role in it. In fact, I didn't even expect to see a boy in it when I watched it.

The film is Le charme discret de la bourgeoisie (aka The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie) by surrealist filmmaker Luis Bunuel. Very good movie if you like the absurd.

Throughout the film, a group of upperclass snobs go through various attempts to have dinner and keep getting interrupted. In one case, at a restaurant, they get interrupted by a handsome lieutenant who asks them if they had a happy childhood. He then says that his childhood was very traumatic and that he would like to tell them about it, if they have no objection. He then tells a story of when he was an 11-year-old boy and his father shipped him to military college. His mother had just died.

The boy in the images plays the lieutenant in the flashback. His mother's ghost comes to visit him and tells him that his real father is dead, that he was murdered by the man he now calls his father. She asks him to take the blue bottle in the bathroom and to poison his so-called father, which he does.

Since the boy doesn't have a major role in the film, I don't think we'll create a profile for it, and therefore no gallery. We could do a profile for the boy, but unfortunately I don't know who he is. All the actors are credited, but it doesn't say who plays who.

I was able to narrow it down to a few names, the most likely of which is this one: (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Olivier Bauchet, if it is indeed him, is not credited for any other acting work.

I don't know if Wildeboy is reading this, but if so he might be intersted in hosting these caps on his website. Since there are ghosts, poison and murders involved, I think it qualifies as a "dark" subject matter.

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #8 - 04. Jul 2005 at 23:36
Print Post  
Gawd I'm glad that wasn't a $20,000 question... I'm a knucklehead, I've seen that movie ..albeit many years ago and couldn't remember a boy being in it  Sad

Don't you hate it when the cast is not properly identified in the credits!!!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print