Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic My favorite DEAD END kid (Read 2,673 times)
YoungArthur
BA Moderator

Hagrid's Helper

My favorite DEAD END kid
11. Sep 2005 at 01:02
Print Post  

From the 1937 'Dead End' directed by William Wyler. I was just experimenting with my new DVD recorder and got these from TCM. I think Bobby Jordon was the only one of the gang at this time who was a kid. He was about 13 when this was filmed. I always thought he had more charisma than all the other guys together. He was cute playing Angel, his tough Flatbush punky character.
There's a type of headline we just don't see outside of early Hollywood movies.:laughing:
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

There's another memorable news headline toward the end of 'Angels With Dirty Faces' : Rocky Ends A Coward.  Grin

IP Logged

Rembrandt
Gold Member

BA Member

Re: My favorite DEAD END kid
Reply #1 - 11. Sep 2005 at 02:23
Print Post  
Bobby Jordan was also my favorite actor from The Dead End Kids group. Matter of fact, he was the only one that I liked. This was the 3rd movie he was in that Humphrey Bogart was a main actor. He made movies as one of the “Bowery Boys” into his mid twenty’s and died destitute. I would really like to see him in My Bill, if it ever comes out on DVD. That film also stared Dickie Moore.

IP Logged

K
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 11. Sep 2005 at 22:30
Print Post  
"My Bill" with Bobby Jordan and Dickie Moore was shown around 3 AM one morning on Turner Classic Movies about a month ago. I enjoyed it very much.

IP Logged

Zabladowski
BA Moderator

The Wish Meister

Reply #3 - 11. Sep 2005 at 23:46
Print Post  
What timing Rembrandt!

My Bill is scheduled on Turner Classic Movies Monday 9-12-2005 at 6:45pm EDT

In fact in celebration of Dickie Moore's birthday they're also showing The Expert at 6:00am, Star Witness at 7:30am, So Big at 9:00am, Upperworld at 10:30am, Gabriel Over the White House at Noon, The STory of Louis Pasteur at 1:30pm, The Life of Emile Zola at 3:00pm, and The Bride Wore Red at 5:00pm.

N.B. All times are Eastern.

I hope you see this before they air..... Smiley

IP Logged

YoungArthur
BA Moderator

Hagrid's Helper

Reply #4 - 13. Sep 2005 at 14:49
Print Post  
Thank you, Zab. I also took advantage of your alert, taped the first 6 hours and then forgot to watch the showing of 'My Bill.'  Cry

IP Logged

Zabladowski
BA Moderator

The Wish Meister

Reply #5 - 13. Sep 2005 at 17:27
Print Post  
When you're not too "movied out" be sure to get a look at The Expert and Star Witness both featuring "Chic" Sale a (at the time) 46 year old man who was known for playing old codgers believably.

Both of these stories are soooo incredibly dated but interesting to watch nonetheless. The Expert is an earlier incarnation of a Jasen favorite, No Place To Go. I was halfway through it before I picked up on that.  Embarrassed

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print