Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) "you are not alone" (Read 6,359 times)
kwack111

BA Member

"you are not alone"
01. Nov 2005 at 19:28
Print Post  
1. did the film "you are not alone" come out on DVD?
2. anyone ever buy anything from 'awardfilms.com'? wanted to know if they're reliable. (in general how do you know if a site is reliable or not?)

IP Logged

Rembrandt
Gold Member

BA Member

Re: "you are not alone"
Reply #1 - 01. Nov 2005 at 22:16
Print Post  
First off I would like to welcome you to our little group and place on the net. I hope you stick around for awhile. Secondly, sorry to say that I do not know any place that has this movie on DVD. Maybe someone else can come up with something.

IP Logged

hosenhaus
BA Moderator

spheroid

Reply #2 - 02. Nov 2005 at 04:51
Print Post  
I have purchased from Award Films (even before they had a web site), and have never been disappointed.

IP Logged

Andreas_N
Gold Member

BA Member

Reply #3 - 02. Nov 2005 at 06:55
Print Post  
I have seen that this movie is offered on DVD at eBay. It is in Danish with English subtitles. There doesn't seem to be a regular shop to get it though.

Regards

IP Logged

Quantum
BA Administrator

BA Member

Reply #4 - 03. Nov 2005 at 12:20
Print Post  
Quote:
I have seen that this movie is offered on DVD at eBay. It is in Danish with English subtitles. There doesn't seem to be a regular shop to get it though.

I'd be 99% certain that the "DVD" available on eBay is just a transfer from the VHS tape - and so won't be any better quality than the official Award films VHS release (and if the person who did the transfer didn't know what they were doing, then the quality could be worse than the VHS)...

IP Logged

boywatcher

BA Member

Reply #5 - 03. Nov 2005 at 12:23
Print Post  
Try Amazon.com!!! That's where I've been getting my must-see Wink films not offered anywhere else. I'm actually awaiting shipment as I type this. And welcom to the forum-I'm pretty much a virgin here myself and I'm having fun. Hope you do too.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

hosenhaus
BA Moderator

spheroid

Reply #6 - 03. Nov 2005 at 16:11
Print Post  
Quote:
Try Amazon.com!!! That's where I've been getting my must-see Wink films not offered anywhere else. I'm actually awaiting shipment as I type this.

That's VHS, not DVD, right?

IP Logged

Mr. A

BA Member

Reply #7 - 04. Nov 2005 at 04:50
Print Post  
Is the film legal in the UK? I couldn't find a certification rating for it on the IMDb.

IP Logged

boywatcher

BA Member

Reply #8 - 04. Nov 2005 at 08:11
Print Post  
In answer to your question, Hosenhous(finally), yes sadly it is only available on VHS, but who cares?! I'm sure it will still be a watcher Grin nonetheless! However, it must be on DVD also because Amazon claims it is "not available at this time",so at some point it had to have been or will be in near future.

IP Logged

Quantum
BA Administrator

BA Member

Reply #9 - 04. Nov 2005 at 12:10
Print Post  
Quote:
Is the film legal in the UK? I couldn't find a certification rating for it on the IMDb.

It's never been submitted for classification in the UK (and it's unlikely that it ever will be), and so it would be unlawful to sell it in the UK. Personally, I see no reason why it wouldn't get a certificate if it were submitted to the BBFC, but that doesn't mean that the authorities agree with my opinion Smiley I do know that UK Customs certainly did - and probably still do - have a tendancy to seize any copies that they have opened at Customs - but I'm not aware of any Amazon.com parcel having been opened by Customs and so you shouldn't have any problems ordering from them. They may be a greater risk if you ordered it from another company, which isn't viewed as being as "respectable" as Amazon clearly is by UK Customs.

Alternatively, UK Customs could have come to their senses and realised that there is nothing illegal/indecent/or anything else against UK law in the film and so there is no reason it seize personal imports of the film. But I'm not holding my breath.

Quote:
However, it must be on DVD also because Amazon claims it is "not available at this time",so at some point it had to have been or will be in near future.

Unfortunately, that means nothing of the sort. Amazon have a nasty habit of listing just about everything as on DVD but just "not available at this time". Supposedly it's so you can register an interest in having a DVD release, and your views may possibly even get passed onto the distributor at some point in the hope that it might encourage them to release it.

You Are Not Alone has never been released on DVD in the US, and I am not aware of a DVD release anywhere in the world.

IP Logged

boywatcher

BA Member

Reply #10 - 06. Nov 2005 at 13:51
Print Post  
oh Shocked Embarrassed Cry

IP Logged

boywatcher

BA Member

Reply #11 - 10. Nov 2005 at 12:03
Print Post  
Hey guys, sorry to have been away so long but I've been working my butt off third shift 10-12 hours a day (6 days/wk) lately. Holy cow, though!!! I ve' recieved my copy of "You Are Not Alone" a couple days ago, and watched it twice already Shocked, and I gotta tell ya-it don't matter that it's only on VHS! It's loaded with great scenes Wink and is actually a beautiful story. Of course, DVD would be a little better for those particular scenes you wish to ahem admire a lttle more closely...

LOL--Boywatcher

IP Logged

GVA

Notre-Dame-des- Gosses

Reply #12 - 06. Apr 2006 at 18:47
Print Post  
The only solution is to download it on eMule (oops, perhaps i'm not supposed to say that), it's available but i guess the quality must be pretty bad as the original source must be a vhs

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #13 - 06. Apr 2006 at 22:53
Print Post  
This movie is now available on DVD:

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Apparently it's "Digitally remastered sound and picture".

IP Logged

nicolas
Platinum Member

Toi mon amour, toi qui
a le cœur lourd mon amour

Reply #14 - 15. Apr 2006 at 06:26
Print Post  
"Awards Films" is okay.

The dvd "Robby" is from them, and talk about a lot of extras!

« Last Edit: 12. Feb 2007 at 17:45 by nicolas »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Print