Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic see me - tv (Read 1,673 times)
apple
Platinum Member

BA Member

see me - tv
05. Jan 2006 at 05:48
Print Post  
3 launches See Me TV – the ultimate reality mobile TV channel 

'Cash for clips' as 3 pays customers for popular video content

The world’s most democratic mobile TV channel will go live today with the launch of See Me TV, exclusively on 3. The launch sees 3 offering over 3.2 million customers cash in exchange for popular video content in a move that promises to revolutionise the way 3G users share video clips.

See Me TV is set to become the ultimate reality channel - providing an opportunity for 3 customers to shine in front a potential audience of millions.

All the budding star has to do is submit a thirty second video clip to the service displaying their talents in front of or behind the camera. The clip will then be uploaded to the 'See Me TV' channel for other 3 customers to view*.

Each time a clip is downloaded by a 3 customer the performer gets paid 1p. With a potential audience of 3.2 million, the most popular clips from contributors could make thousands of pounds worth of cash.

Credits from downloads are accumulated in an account and then a transfer made via Paypal - with no cap on what a 3 customer can earn from See Me TV.

Gareth Jones, 3's Chief Operating Officer, comments, "Our customers are using their video mobiles in endlessly creative ways to entertain their mates and See Me TV will take this trend to the next level. We wanted to create the ultimate reality channel, where you're the talent and you decide what you want to do. And the more popular your clips, the more money you stand to make. The only limit to what you can earn is your talent – or the lengths you'll go to make an impression."

See Me TV is accessed via the 3 Services menu and is updated daily. To help viewers navigate through the thousands of mini-movie clips that will be available they are divided into categories, from 'Stupid Stuff' to 'Cuddly' and 'Dead Impressive'. The most popular clips appear at the top of the browser to help cut straight through to the top talent. All clips are presented with the name of the 'director' and a title to encourage performers to add attention.

For further information, please contact:
Antonia Scherer / Nic Rider
Lexis Public Relations
Tel: 020 7908 6473

Notes to editors
* Subject to compliance with editorial guidelines Payments are made when the contributor accumulates £10 of credit.

About 3
3 is a mobile media company delivering a convergence of communications, entertainment and information to customers on the move.

The three areas which form the core of its business are:

Communications – including all forms of personal communications, voice and video calling; text, picture and video messaging; and mobile blogging
Entertainment – including television, music audio and video, computer games, and media publishing
Information services – including wireless web, access to the best of the internet and a range of news and other information services
3 services are available from sister companies in Australia, Austria, Denmark, Hong Kong, Ireland, Israel, Italy and Sweden. 3 also holds UMTS licences in Indonesia and Norway.

For further information, please visit: (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) or call the 3 Media Office on +44 (0)20 7350 5696.

Three facts about 3:

3, a mobile media company, launched the UK's first 3G network
3 currently has over 3.2 million customers in the UK and over 10 million worldwide
The 3 network offers national coverage for calls and texts, and over 86% population coverage for 3G services

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Re: see me - tv
Reply #1 - 09. Jan 2006 at 05:15
Print Post  
We have 3 downunder too.

This could have budding possibilities for young wannabes.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print