Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Captains Courageous (1937) (Read 15,172 times)
Cinefan
Platinum Member

BA Member

Re: Captains Courageous (1937)
Reply #15 - 11. Nov 2017 at 18:36
Print Post  
Your clips are excellent, 'JefriNTheDeep' of a past most excellent boy actor. I liked him in 'The Devil's A Sissy' where he does a scene with a boxing coach. Unfortunately, there's no actual boxing match as seeing Freddie boxing would be a real turn on for me. I loved those 'knicker' shorts he was wearing ....

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Gold Member

Reply #16 - 16. Nov 2017 at 17:33
Print Post  
Cinefan wrote on 11. Nov 2017 at 18:36:
there's no actual boxing match as seeing Freddie boxing would be a real turn on for me. I loved those 'knicker' shorts he was wearing ....

[url=http://forum.boyactors.org.uk/gallery/Ivor_Leslie/1510425316/Freddieboxing3.jpg][/url]

In that cap, he looks to be very physically fit, my dad was about the same age as Freddie, but he didn't like Freddie, he always said that in this movie, Freddie was merely being himself, playing the spoiled rich boy! I always had trouble believing that, because of the tender moment scenes he had with Tracy, they seemed genuine to me. Back in the day, it took way longer to make a movie than it does today, Hollywood can pump out a flik in about 6 to 8 weeks, back then, it usually took 6 months to a year, and in some cases, like Gone With the Wind, it'd take way longer! you can tell, if you look close, that Freddie seems older and taller in some scenes, then others. I know the industry usually films the beginning and ending of the movie first, to ensure completion, and I'm sure that's due to bitter experience! One of my favorite adult actor is/was John Candy, he died during the filming of Wagons East, they were able to finish the film, because had already filmed the beginning and ending. but, back in Freddie's day as an actor, I don't think they did that yet, and I think that how and why the industry started insuring the movies, to cover loss incase of the loss of a key actor. My dad told me that when Freddie reached the age of consent, he turns his back on the movie industry and turned to the business industry and I believe he died a very rich man. Smiley

IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Gold Member

Reply #17 - 16. Nov 2017 at 17:44
Print Post  
JefriNTheDeep wrote on 11. Nov 2017 at 08:49:
Hope these are ok to post here, as they are not my own original scans or caps.

I don't believe it's an issue as long as there is no copyright mark on the pic or cap, but I'd check with a Moderator to make sure! Smiley

IP Logged

Cinefan
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #18 - 17. Nov 2017 at 20:50
Print Post  
From what I can remember reading, Spencer Tracy said he liked working with Freddie Bartholomew. He was a boy actor he could rely on to do a scene properly.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

bowser
Platinum Member

Woof! Woof!

Reply #19 - 19. Nov 2017 at 19:51
Print Post  
JefriNTheDeep wrote on 11. Nov 2017 at 08:49:
Hope these are ok to post here, as they are not my own original scans or caps.

They'r great!

Thanks!

Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Print