Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Hinokio (2005) (Read 2,921 times)
zhizhi
Bronze Member

BA Member

Hinokio (2005)
11. Jan 2006 at 12:51
Print Post  

First there's Nobody Knows and then comes Hinokio. Perhaps it's time to pay attention to the Japanese releases again.

Hinokio tells the story of a boy, Satoru (played by a very stunning Kanata Hongo) who was unable to walk due to a car accident. After the car accident which also cost the life of his mother, he was physically and emotionally confined in his own room refusing to have any physical contact with anyone including his dad. The only contact he has with the ouside world is via Hinokio, a robot whom Satoru controls with computer. With keyboard and camera, Satoru is able to attend school and interact with kids his age.

Soon, Satoru befriends a kid who enjoys the company of Hinokio. They become great friends and that is one of the things I identify with the film. Despite some flaws and some corny scenes, I find the bond depicted in the film is very universal and heartfelt.

Highly recommended.

After watching the film, two thoughts sprang to mind: this is a must own dvd; if Spielberg saw this, he would wish he could make this film.

« Last Edit: 01. Jul 2008 at 04:48 by Zabladowski »  

IP Logged

hosenhaus
BA Moderator

spheroid

Re: Hinokio
Reply #1 - 11. Jan 2006 at 16:34
Print Post  
see a few pics in the gallery

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

« Last Edit: 20. Dec 2012 at 16:00 by hosenhaus »  

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Re: Hinokio
Reply #2 - 11. Jan 2006 at 21:49
Print Post  
I've just seen Hinokio and it gets two thumbs up from me. I'll be watching it again. Recommended.

...and Nobody Knows is an excellent movie... Highly Recommended.

IP Logged

Nérodiaman
Platinum Member

BA Member

Re: Hinokio (2005)
Reply #3 - 19. Dec 2012 at 21:50
Print Post  

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Smiley I saw this movie this evening. I liked the very good but difficult play of Kanata HONGÔ in part of Saturu. My movie rating is 6/10.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print