Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic need help identifying composers - boys air choir (Read 2,203 times)
josephk
Platinum Member

need help identifying composers - boys air choir
13. Apr 2006 at 00:16
Print Post  
I have the album "Boys Gregorian" from Boys Air Choir on MP3. It's not really that great overall, but there are a couple of tracks on it that I really like.

The first is called Maria Matrem Virginem and is sung a capella. (I always prefer choir music a capella, which for some reason is not that common. I find instruments just annoy me most of them time, and I'd rather just have the voices.)

The other track I really like is a Stabat Mater. There are two of them on the album, so it's the second one I'm talking about. (Track #8)

I've been trying to figure out who the composers of these two pieces are and all the websites I go to list the track names and soloists, but never the composers.

In the case of the Stabat Mater, it's especially frustrating. It's not like I can just google "Stabat Meter" and it'll give me an answer. There are hundreds, if not thousands, of versions of the Stabat Mater in Classical music.

If anybody has the actual CD and could check if that information is in the liner notes, I'd be most grateful. Or, if you can suggest another website where I might find this information...

Thanks in advance.

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Re: need help identifying composers - boys air cho
Reply #1 - 19. Apr 2006 at 07:36
Print Post  
Where's Sir J when you need him  Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print