Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic ICE CREAM I SCREAM (Read 2,840 times)
nicolas
Platinum Member

Toi mon amour, toi qui
a le cœur lourd mon amour

ICE CREAM I SCREAM
25. May 2006 at 16:57
Print Post  
"ICE CREAM I SCREAM"  (2006 Turkey)

Film is not yet listed in the IMDB database.

Directed by Yüksel Aksu

Ali, who is an ice cream salesman in Mugla, tries to survive in the face of fierce competition from the big ice cream brands.  While trying to promote his ice cream, he tours the village with his brand new yellow ice cream motorbike. However, the naughty boys of the town who are chasing him to have free ice cream, steal the motorbike while he is away.  Still repaying the debts for the loan on his motorbike, Ali becomes furious and accuses the big ice cream brands of stealing the car in order to destroy him.  He starts investigating the theft of his motorbike, asking one by one the sellers of the big brands, while all along the boys are enjoying their free ice cream.

Here is a scanned copy of the film's bulletin at the Cannes festival.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

There is another review, as well as pictures, at the following website.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Zabladowski
BA Moderator

The Wish Meister

Re: ICE CREAM I SCREAM
Reply #1 - 25. May 2006 at 23:47
Print Post  
Turkish films are hard to come by on this side of the ocean. I hope this one makes it over.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention Nicolas. It seems like this is turning out to be a good year to be in Cannes.

IP Logged

nicolas
Platinum Member

Toi mon amour, toi qui
a le cœur lourd mon amour

Reply #2 - 26. May 2006 at 12:05
Print Post  
This is a sub-par year for Cannes.  Considering that no films with a boy actor in a substantial role are in competition, it's a disappointment overall. 

There are always surprise films, just as in every Film Festival.... and that's probably what draws us most of all.

"ICE CREAM I SCREAM" isn't on a schedule to be screened at the Festival here in Cannes, but is merely one of countless productions in the marketplace section of the palais, ready and available for distribution.

IP Logged

socksoles
Silver Member

Reply #3 - 13. May 2007 at 01:47
Print Post  
DVD R2 available in Germany through (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Recently bought a copy but haven't watched it yet (too many DVDs waiting to be seen..) but the DVD appeared to have English subtitles.

'soles :cwm39:

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print