Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Short Film Forum? (Read 6,412 times)
nicolas
Platinum Member

Toi mon amour, toi qui
a le cœur lourd mon amour

Short Film Forum?
31. May 2006 at 17:55
Print Post  
With so many short films in the public domain, would it be possible to have a forum set up at boyactors for these short productions?

One very good film is titled, "AMERICAN TALE", a fourteen minute film that stars a 10-year-old boy.

Synopsis:

Dealing with the unexpected arrest of his father in the middle of the night by the FBI, a young Pakistani-American boy will begin to imagine his world in new term. 10 year old Raja spends his days make-believing that he is a pirate rescuing the world. With his father being detained indefinitely he begins to wonder who the pirates really are.

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Re: Short Film Forum?
Reply #1 - 31. May 2006 at 23:45
Print Post  
It's certainly possible.

I'm just wondering if it will get used. The more forums we introduce, the more people seem to get confused and intimidated. We used to have an 'Off Topic Forum" and a "Trivia Forum".

I've long been thinking of starting a "List" forum...  which still may eventuate, especially now that Bijou has almost perfected the "sort movies according to ratings" by applying a similiar formula that is used on IMBb.

Anyway... if several regulars or admins agree that a "Shorts" forum is a worthwhile addition then I'll be happy to oblige and create one.

So a few responses from people in this thread please...  either yay or nay... 

IP Logged

nicolas
Platinum Member

Toi mon amour, toi qui

Reply #2 - 01. Jun 2006 at 17:16
Print Post  
"Yay"  "Yay"  "Yay"

It's too bad that more of these short films aren't made available for us to see.  Granted, more can be seen free of charge on the internet than feature-length films, but there are still so many that never are seen except at the Festivals.

IP Logged

drewski
Bronze Member

BA Member

short film access
Reply #3 - 01. Jun 2006 at 21:13
Print Post  
I've read a number of descriptions of short films that sound interesting, but they seem almost irrelevant since so few are available to see. I enjoy hearing about them, but it would be really nice if someone would do something about making them available. I've noticed that CVMC has a few short films available, but I get the impression that this is just the tip of the ice berg!

IP Logged

Andreas_N
Gold Member

BA Member

Reply #4 - 02. Jun 2006 at 01:26
Print Post  
It's a great pity that almost all short movies are never shown on regular TV programs.

Yet it's not just that - they are absolutely unavailable on DVD as well.

This seems to be the case not just here in Austria but almost everywhere.

Having said this you could surely dedicate a forum to short movies as there are substantial numbers of them, but I wonder if it is really useful for the vast majority of us who will probably never come to see them.

IP Logged

nicolas
Platinum Member

Toi mon amour, toi qui

Reply #5 - 02. Jun 2006 at 02:51
Print Post  
THANK YOU for setting up this forum! 

The best part about short films is the fact that a large number of them can be viewed on the web.  Hence, the utilization of website links is a very handy tool to have. 

Again, thanks!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print