Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Along Came a Spider (Read 1,883 times)
bohemian

BA Member

Along Came a Spider
15. Jul 2006 at 15:39
Print Post  
2001. Has Anton Yelchin in it, though his part is criminally small. I don't think it even adds up to 10 minutes.

Along Came a Spider is a kidnapping story. A congressman's daughter is kidnapped by one of the teachers in her school. The kidnapper calls a detective (Alex Cross) to solve the case and the chase begins. Anton plays the part of the son of the Russian president. He was the actual target of the kidnapper but since he was harder to kidnap, he had to kidnap the girl (who was Anton's friend) first so he could lure Anton out. The story takes a little tiwts at the end. Overall it was not my kind of movie. I haven't read the book on which this is based so I can't compare, but the reviews I've read say the film pretty much butchered the book. Anton's part was very small so he didn't have much time to show his acting abilities but I guess he did what he could with his character. Anyway, I'd give it a 4/10.

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Re: Along Came a Spider
Reply #1 - 19. Jul 2006 at 00:35
Print Post  
I've seen this film too and was disappointed that Anton didn't have a larger role in it. I rated the movie a 6/10.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print