Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Japanese TV Show (Read 3,569 times)
drewski
Bronze Member

BA Member

Japanese TV Show
26. Aug 2006 at 22:54
Print Post  
Here's a YouTube link to an excerpt from a Japanese TV show:

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Is this some kind of reality show or what? Has anyone actually seen it?

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Re: Japanese TV Show
Reply #1 - 26. Aug 2006 at 23:41
Print Post  
The boy's name is Hata Toya (Toya Hata)

Here's the only fruitful link to him I can find, it has a picture:

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

I think it says he was born on Dec 19, 1993.

He's obviously an actor. That clip looks like it is acted, so it's unlikely to be a reality show. Perhaps it is some sort of public service advice.

The posters comments say this:

This program currently broadcast in Japan, "the legal information center outside which has a line".
The child appearing in front of the camera is Hata Toya.
12 y-old cute boy, syota. huv fun ..

... I'm wondering if the clip is some sort of recreated situation where children are made to do something they don't want to do. Is the clip suggesting that there are ways of getting outside help, maybe from a children's help line or whatever, dunno   ???

IP Logged

drewski
Bronze Member

BA Member

background music
Reply #2 - 27. Aug 2006 at 10:25
Print Post  
The background music throws me and the tone of the narrator also throws me. I realize that cultural differences might interfere with my ability to pick up on what in Japanese culture has an entirely different meaning, but the music sounds like adventure/challenge music and the narrator sounds like reality show to me. I'm seeing it as a new kid who needs to get with the program and he's reluctant to bath with everyone else. The male supervisor pushes him along and we are left with the boy entering the bath area and the question is whether he will adapt to his new surroundings or not.

Taking the public service announcement viewpoint, is the male supervisor being portrayed as being too pushy about forcing the kid to bath? Or does the boy have bruises or scars that he's afraid to let others see which would suggest abuse at home?

Also the YouTube description uses the word "program" which suggests to me that it's not a public service announcement. (But perhaps the word "program" is misused... again due to cultural differences on the part of the person who wrote the description... who knows?)

Thanks, Cal, for the info you shared... however, that website was in Japanese (I presume) and it made no sense to me other than that I recognized the kid's picture and his name was presented in western format.

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #3 - 27. Aug 2006 at 23:16
Print Post  
I pretty much thought the same thing at first, my first impressions were that it is some sort of sitcom-drama. The voice over may have been indicating an upcoming episode, however as there appears to be no followup posted, I'm still inclined to think it may be a kids' public service help-line announcement. Perhaps there is a campaign in Japan to get rid of public baths for kids at school (or sports).   ???
I hope I'm wrong, it would be sad IMO if Japan heads down the road of paranoia.  Sad

IP Logged

josh007
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 15. Apr 2007 at 03:32
Print Post  
I just seen the video on the site
im only guessing
he boy might be gay and afraid takeing a hot shower
with other young boy too

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1