Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Quem Matou Pixote? (Read 4,962 times)
nicolas
Platinum Member

Toi mon amour, toi qui
a le cœur lourd mon amour

Quem Matou Pixote?
16. Feb 2007 at 18:55
Print Post  
According to several reviews, there is quite a bit of boy content in the film, "Quem Matou Pixote?"  (Who Killed Pixote?).

Obviously it doesn't have what the original film had, but has anyone that has seen this second film know if its a good film?  Is it more documentary style, or similar to the first film where it was only documentary at the beginning?

The film isn't in our database, so perhaps there isn't enough preteen boy content to warrant its own place at boyactors.

Any info or images is much appreciated.  Thanks.

IP Logged

josephk
Platinum Member

Re: Quem Matou Pixote?
Reply #1 - 16. Feb 2007 at 20:37
Print Post  
(I tried replying to this earlier but the forum crashed. I hope our hosts fix whatever problems they're having soon, because this is getting really annoying.)

Well, it's a biopic about the actor who played Pixote in the original film, so it's not a documentary, but based on a true story. The actor who plays Fernando is 23 years old. My guess is that the first part of the film is probably about him around the time when Pixote was made (there's an actor credited as "Little Fernando" on IMDb, though it doesn't say how old he is), and the probably the majority of the film is about him in the last few years of his life before he was killed.

All that is pure speculation, of course, though it's based on the impression I got from the trailer and from what I know about how these types of films are typically structured.

You can watch the trailer and some very small and very blurry pictures at the official website: (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

nicolas
Platinum Member

Toi mon amour, toi qui

Reply #2 - 16. Feb 2007 at 20:52
Print Post  
Thanks for the trailer link, Joseph.

The unclothed boy running in front of the car appears to be someone different than Fernando Ramos da Silva.  Morever, his reaction when running is different than in the original film, "Pixote"..... unless part of that was edited from the original.

It's a bit difficult to tell because the window for this trailer is small.  Perhaps there is a place on the web where this trailer can be viewed in full-screen.

Much appreciated, Joseph.

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #3 - 16. Feb 2007 at 23:14
Print Post  
I saw it many years ago and I can't remember it being much more than a semi-documentary. I think I taped it at the time but wasn't interested in keeping it. I cant remember there being much boy actor content. I'd probably watch it again though mainly because I remember very little about it.

IP Logged

Quantum
BA Administrator

BA Member

Reply #4 - 17. Feb 2007 at 10:41
Print Post  
It has been released on DVD in the UK. There's quite a bit of Fernando as a younger boy (played by an actor, of course), and it recreates some of the scenes from Pixote.

IP Logged

nicolas
Platinum Member

Toi mon amour, toi qui

Reply #5 - 17. Feb 2007 at 14:53
Print Post  
Thiago Vidal plays the role of ten-year-old Pixote, but a basic internet search yielded few results for more information, or photos.

Knowing that many of these original scenes were recreated makes it worthwhile to give the dvd a try.

Thanks Cal and Quantum.

A couple of additional notes... TV Guide's review states :     Ten-year-old Fernando (Thiago Vidal), already familiar with hustling a living on the streets, is photographed by a talent scout and hired to play a street urchin in a gritty film about lost slum children. With his wide eyes and gamine charm, cute little Fernando captivates critics and moviegoers.

A bigger trailer for this film is able to be seen at:   (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)
[/color]

IP Logged

josephk
Platinum Member

Reply #6 - 17. Feb 2007 at 16:10
Print Post  
I've noticed that on the Pixote profile here at BA, it says "In 1996, WHO KILLED PIXOTE?, a documentary about the life and death of Fernando Ramos Da Silva, was released."

I know Cal said he remembers this film as being little more than a documentary, but I've seen no evidence that it is in fact that, either from IMDb, the official website or the trailer. Just because it's based on a true story doesn't in any way make it a documentary.

Should we change the note on the profile? I can do it, but since I haven't seen the film I don't want to insert an error.

IP Logged

hosenhaus
BA Moderator

spheroid

wait a minute...
Reply #7 - 17. Feb 2007 at 16:12
Print Post  
If I click your link
  (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)
I'm giving it a rating of 3 without even seeing it?

IP Logged

nicolas
Platinum Member

Toi mon amour, toi qui

Reply #8 - 17. Feb 2007 at 16:47
Print Post  
Perhaps that is true, hosenhaus.

From the recent viewing, this trailer deserves a much higher rating than that.

IP Logged

Quantum
BA Administrator

BA Member

Reply #9 - 17. Feb 2007 at 17:23
Print Post  
Quote:
I've noticed that on the Pixote profile here at BA, it says "In 1996, WHO KILLED PIXOTE?, a documentary about the life and death of Fernando Ramos Da Silva, was released."

I know Cal said he remembers this film as being little more than a documentary, but I've seen no evidence that it is in fact that, either from IMDb, the official website or the trailer. Just because it's based on a true story doesn't in any way make it a documentary.

Should we change the note on the profile? I can do it, but since I haven't seen the film I don't want to insert an error.

It definitely isn't a documentary - it may be based on a true story but it is ultimately a dramatic reconstruction and some things will have been changed.

IP Logged

Debois
Gold Member

RE Member

Reply #10 - 17. Feb 2007 at 17:51
Print Post  
& who killed him?
???

IP Logged

nicolas
Platinum Member