Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic World's Fastest Indian, The (2005) (Read 4,876 times)
YoungArthur
BA Moderator

Hagrid's Helper

World's Fastest Indian, The (2005)
23. Mar 2007 at 17:20
Print Post  

Set in 1967 and based on a true story, this drama follows 67-year-old grandfather and New Zealander Burt Munro (Anthony Hopkins) as he flies across Utah's Bonneville Salt Flats and blazes into the record books at 183.586 mph on his customized Indian Scout motorcycle.

Aaron Murphy plays Tom, the neighbor boy who worships the old and gifted amateur motor engineer and buys into his hero’s dream of proving his customized Scout cycle at Bonneville. The first 30 minutes of this 2 hour movie shows the warm bonding and interplay between the old man and the boy and it is disappointing that the main body of the film does not continue this. Nevertheless, it is a wonderful treat to watch the superb Hopkins as his character travels from New Zealand to the States, struggles with its strange rules and customs, and finally makes his way to the famous proving ground, making several new friends along the way.

The artful chemistry that Anthony Hopkins brings to scenes with a boy is awesome. Young Murphy’s performance is winsome and spot-on perfect.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)
« Last Edit: 07. Jul 2008 at 06:00 by Zabladowski »  

IP Logged

nicolas
Platinum Member

Toi mon amour, toi qui
a le cœur lourd mon amour

Re: World"s Fastest Indian (2005)
Reply #1 - 23. Mar 2007 at 18:59
Print Post  
Excellent caps.... in particular the final one.  Very nice.

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #2 - 24. Mar 2007 at 00:16
Print Post  
Having not seen this film yet I wasn't sure if it waranted a profile, but if Aaron is strongly featured in the first half hour it passes the test.

He was very good in the movie Rain and I even  watched a couple of episodes of Power Rangers in which he appeared. (The things one does in the 'line of duty').

Very nice caps YA, are you going to do a gallery?

IP Logged

josephk
Platinum Member

Reply #3 - 24. Mar 2007 at 07:45
Print Post  
Oh, that's the boy from Rain? Yeah, his performance was impressive in that movie. Very nice caps. This looks like it could be worth a look.

IP Logged

YoungArthur
BA Moderator

Hagrid's Helper

Reply #4 - 24. Mar 2007 at 10:28
Print Post  
Very nice caps YA, are you going to do a gallery?

Sounds like a good idea.  Cheesy I'll make a profile too. I was about to do a profile but was undecided whether Aaron's screen time warranted it.

I enjoyed the entire movie and I am not a racing enthusiast. Many of the incidents with Burt in the States have a 'Crocodile Dundee' flavor but don't let that put you off.  Wink Hopkins makes everything ring true.

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #5 - 25. Mar 2007 at 04:45
Print Post  
Thanks YA....  excellent gallery.

IP Logged

josephk
Platinum Member

Re: World's Fastest Indian, The (2005)
Reply #6 - 27. Mar 2009 at 03:17
Print Post  
Well, folks, this was my first rental from my recently reactivated "Zip.ca" account - which is the Canadian equivalent (more or less) of Netflix. It the third time I subscribe to that service. After a few months, I usually find that it gets overwhelming and I can't keep up with the DVDs that stay piled up in my living room for weeks before I end up just returning them unwatched. Don't know how long it'll last this time, but I intend to make the most of it for the next little while. I'll post more about that later.

Anyway, this was the first movie they sent me. I didn't really expect much from it, but YA's caps were enough to convince me this was worth a rental. Which it was. I really enjoyed the parts with Aaron Murphy. I wish the movie could have stayed in that mode longer, or that the boy could have somehow accompanied the old man on his journey to America. But I guess that wouldn't have made much sense.

The rest of the movie was of little interest to me. I ended up watching most of it on Fast Forward. (My time is very valuable!)

Still thought it was worth it, though. For Aaron's performance.

I'll try to keep you updated on all my rentals (they're all on topic), in an effort to keep things lively around here.

IP Logged

hosenhaus
BA Moderator

spheroid

Re: World's Fastest Indian, The (2005)
Reply #7 - 27. Mar 2009 at 09:33
Print Post  
Aaron was also in "Perfect Creature" as a slum kid

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print