Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Alyosha Cherstvov (Read 5,742 times)
Debois
Gold Member

RE Member

Alyosha Cherstvov
24. Mar 2007 at 20:43
Print Post  
Great Russian kid actor

Alyosha Cherstvov

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)
who plays lead role of Aliosha Bartenev.
(at IMDB just 3 movie, all works of him 4 movies. 2 in 1977, other in 1979 and 1980)

----------------------------------Photo----------------

---------------------------------------------------------
"Podranki" movie 1977 (at IMDB error 1976)

---------------------------------------------------------
My review:

Rather fascinating not children's film about children of war (WW2) after its ending. Podranki it is those which have wounded but up to the end and have not killed (birds wounded in a wing). In a military educational institution boys - sons of regiments and children of the lost militarians are collected. They sharply perceive any insults, they have original perception(recognition) of the post-war reality. The main plot of film is memoirs of writer Bartenev on the childhood carried out(spent) in this militarized school. At all boys the weapon for memory of their lost fathers and war is secreted. Once they saw captured Germans who were occupied on any works near a boarding school. The behaviour of that captured Germans  seemed to them too much cheerful. Group of the offended pupils condemns them. All comes to an end tragically. One of boys perishes having undermined itself dynamite prepared for captured Germans. After death of the boy one of pupils to a class will read to his sad composition where he has described destruction of the father.

Small actors have perfectly coped with the roles.

Very Sad Movie
You all must see it

other caps here:

IP Logged

Zabladowski
BA Moderator

The Wish Meister

Re: Alyosha Cherstvov
Reply #1 - 24. Mar 2007 at 22:26
Print Post  

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #2 - 25. Mar 2007 at 00:11
Print Post  
When was Alyosha Cherstvov born?

It would be helpful to know.

How old was he in The Orphans?

IP Logged

Zabladowski
BA Moderator

The Wish Meister

Reply #3 - 25. Mar 2007 at 11:20
Print Post  
1964 would be a good guess. I haven't seen anything definitive one way or another.

IP Logged

Debois
Gold Member

RE Member

Reply #4 - 25. Mar 2007 at 16:19
Print Post  
Thanks for reply guys!
But country not Russia! Use instead of it Soviet Union.
Orphans? That's not right translation or meaning. Bartenev has brother.

Many people behind borders of Russia have not understood sense enclosed in the name of this film.
There is bad teacher and other good teachers from the staff of boarding school who understood boys. One of them say once something as following: What you want from boys who is actually like wounded birds (Podranki).

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #5 - 25. Mar 2007 at 23:32
Print Post  
But country not Russia! Use instead of it Soviet Union.

Well the language is Russian, the setting is Russia, the actors are Russian.. so it must be Russian.

The Soviet Union was only an umbrella title for a short lived period of communist control which cast a shadow over several countries. IMO it doesn't deserve any credit so I'm not giving it any.

Each country under the Soviet Union still retained it's identity and language so I see no reason to not acknowledge this.

I notice Memocast does not credit any films to the Soviet Union either.

IP Logged

Debois
Gold Member

RE Member

Reply #6 - 26. Mar 2007 at 04:36
Print Post  
You not right Cal! Soviet Union was big country with GREAT art, movie productions etc.

It is far from being a umbrella, it is the enormous factor in our then life. If you speak, that all cinemas sounded by Russian definitely is Russian you deprive with the right on these films all other republics included to USSR. They now become wet without this umbrella under a rain. I speak the truth! It should be seen! On Ukraine all Great film studioes lay in ruins. It is sad to see.

But what is that MEMOCAST?

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #7 - 26. Mar 2007 at 05:52
Print Post  
Debois I think you misunderstand me...

The Soviet Union was made up of several countries, all with their own distinct culture. There is no such language or culture as the Soviet Union. Cinema is part of the culture of individual nations, it should not be regarded as the property of a redundant and failed political system ruled by tyrants.

Russia deserves the credit for films made in Russia about Russians and by Russians.

Latvia was also a part of the Soviet Union and likewise Latvia deserves the credit for films made in Latvia by Latvians.

Lithuania, Armenia, Estonia and many other countries were also part of the Soviet Union, and their cultures and language vary greatly. Each individual country deserves to be recognised and credited accordingly.

As for Soviet Union art, they were responsible for destroying more art than creating it, often imprisoning filmmakers, musicians and artists who battled to rise above the oppression.

I see no reasons whatsoever, aside from political ones to give any credit to the Soviet Union for robbing the cultures of those countries and attempting to homogenise them with brainwashing and threats of imprisonment or death.

IP Logged

Debois
Gold Member

RE Member

Reply #8 - 26. Mar 2007 at 17:20
Print Post  
Wow Cal! You are capable of such tirades! Shocked But I will keep with my opinion , also it coincides in most cases with opinions of the Soviet actors which do not regret for lived days  in the USSR. They are proud of the ranks received from those Soviet tyrants. It is the fact.

Don't forget about Jews who created Soviet Union and ...
(Lenin is one of them) Wink

My family descended from a noble class but we do not regret about Soviet times  Grin Shocked

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #9 - 26. Mar 2007 at 22:49
Print Post  
That doesn't surprise me. There are actually people who still think George Bush is a good guy despite all the evidence to the contrary. Anyway if you notice I've included the defunct Soviet Union as well as Russia in the country of credit. It's a more practical solution rather than a compromise.   Smiley

IP Logged

Debois
Gold Member

RE Member

Reply #10 - 27. Mar 2007 at 16:51
Print Post  
Yes, I think that I divide your opinion about Georges Bush. Do you know Cal, in the nearest to us country Ukraine constantly on TV plays an advertising of a detergent powder "Tide." And so the leader constantly asks: - you still boil? Then we go to you!
Local humorists have altered sense under Bush's main problem - democracy in the third world. You still do not have democracy? Then we go to you!

Yes I have noticed changes. Now the Soviet cinema can be found more easy. I agree that it is very practical. Otherwise many films would be registered only to Russia.

In general you can expect for my help with Russian - Soviet films.

IP Logged

Ogre_Magi
Silver Member

BA Member

Reply #11 - 04. May 2007 at 07:47
Print Post  
Wow guys you got a hot arguing but let me say that USSR is not an umbrella it's a unity of not "several" but many countries. Just a lot of countries made a new big country.
Podranki are not "wounded birds". Podranki is an old-fashioned word for very bad kid who mostly live in the country and walk bear-feeted, steel the apples from the neighbour's tree and bit up dogs and younger kids.

I would translate the title of the movie as "Little Bastards" (But still I gotta watch it 1st)

Podranki also have another meaning - is a poor lil' kid which is forgotten by parents but this kid can stand for him self and do lotsa tough things. But the director made this word to be a bit similar to "Padonki" (bastards) so I would prefer the 1st translation.

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #12 - 04. May 2007 at 09:21
Print Post  
Thanks, that makes a lot of sense.

It's great to have someone who understands the nuances of Russian language and Russian life.   Smiley

IP Logged

Ogre_Magi
Silver Member

BA Member

Reply #13 - 04. May 2007 at 10:28
Print Post  
Thx Smiley

IP Logged

Debois
Gold Member

RE Member

Reply #14 - 04. May 2007 at 19:33
Print Post  
Dear Ogre_Magi!
--------------------------------------Russian:-----------
Тваю мать! Кто сказал тебе, что под Подранками в этом фильме имеются ввиду Падонки? Это ты о 093; сиротах? Мальчики в фильме абсолютно не выглядят подонками!!! Посмотри фильм и поймёшь это.

Sorry Cal for this my Russian expression! Part of my large family lives in the Russia! I am very well understanding Russian language! Including nuances!

----------------------------------Note------------
if problem occured with displaying Russian font then change browser's encoding to windows-1251
----------------------------------------------------

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Print