Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Gerald Michenaud (Read 7,511 times)
cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Gerald Michenaud
07. Apr 2007 at 06:09
Print Post  
K, mentioned that Gerard was one of his favourites from the 60's. I'd have to agree. He was a familiar guest star on quite a number of shows and appeared in several films.

Here are a few caps of him from a rather sweet episode of 'That Girl' in 1966. His friend, Christopher Shea was another familiar face from that decade

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

josephk
Platinum Member

Re: Gerald Michenaud
Reply #1 - 07. Apr 2007 at 08:10
Print Post  
cuteness.

IP Logged

TheSwede
Platinum Member

Tack ska du ha.

Reply #2 - 07. Apr 2007 at 12:09
Print Post  
ditto

IP Logged

K
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 08. Apr 2007 at 03:00
Print Post  
Awwwww! Thanks Cal so much for these cute pics of Gerald and Christopher. There's no mistaking that Chris is the brother of Eric Shea. They look just alike!

I always loved Gerald's dark, exotic looks plus I felt he had a charismatic personality (in his screen roles). He spoke fluent French on more than one show ('Combat' & 'Dragnet 1966'). I found him very appealing and a good actor.

His real name is Jean-Michel Michenaud and he grew up to become a very successful exective producer of reality TV shows. Did you know he also appeared on an episode of "Emergency!"? In 1975. It was his last acting job.

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #4 - 08. Apr 2007 at 07:34
Print Post  
You're welcome K.

Apart from being exceptionally cute I think both these boys were actually very good young actors.

IP Logged

YoungArthur
BA Moderator

Hagrid's Helper

Reply #5 - 08. Apr 2007 at 21:02
Print Post  
So that was the adorable French boy in that 'Dragnet' movie! I well remember his scenes.

IP Logged

hosenhaus
BA Moderator

spheroid

Reply #6 - 11. May 2008 at 23:55
Print Post  
Combat!

IP Logged

K
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 12. May 2008 at 05:32
Print Post  
hosenhaus wrote on 11. May 2008 at 23:55:
Combat!

Thanks hosenhaus! Anytime you want to post pictures of Gerald I will be appreciative.  Smiley

IP Logged

K
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 12. May 2008 at 06:11
Print Post  
Incidentally, Gerald has an older brother named Patrick who was also  a child actor in the 1960s. Gerald and Patrick appeared together in several TV shows. They looked similar and Patrick was quite handsome.
Here's a couple caps from "Mission Impossible" and "Combat". Original caps were made by Postboys on another forum.

I couldn't resist captioning this one.
 Grin

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) patrick_001.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

K
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 12. May 2008 at 06:40
Print Post  
Sorry, but I just have to vent about this: I had to resize the Gerald and Patrick picture five times to get it small enough that the caption could be seen without having to scroll all the way to the right and the bottom cap of Patrick also has to be scrolled down to see all of it and it isn't even what I would call large.
I understand that if I make them smaller this won't be a problem, but when you make pictures too small they do not look nearly as good and lose the visual effect they should have. This is frustrating.  

I just had to vent about this. Sorry.
Smiley

IP Logged

josephk
Platinum Member

Reply #10 - 12. May 2008 at 14:33
Print Post  
Quote:
Sorry, but I just have to vent about this: I had to resize the Gerald and Patrick picture five times to get it small enough that the caption could be seen without having to scroll all the way to the right and the bottom cap of Patrick also has to be scrolled down to see all of it and it isn't even what I would call large.
I understand that if I make them smaller this won't be a problem, but when you make pictures too small they do not look nearly as good and lose the visual effect they should have. This is frustrating. 

I just had to vent about this. Sorry.
Smiley

Well, what can we do? We all know if this board became picture-friendly, it would immediately devolve into a raunchy picture-only cesspool of debauchery, with members focusing exclusively on looks and no discussion about the actual films.

Oh wait, but this board used to be picture friendly and after about 10 years of being picture friendly that never happened. Strange.

Undecided

IP Logged

Quantum
BA Administrator

BA Member

Reply #11 - 12. May 2008 at 19:12
Print Post  
I'm not sure what you mean by "picture-friendly". How is this board not "picture-friendly"?

I've adjusted the scrolling settings so attached images will only get vertical scrollbars when the height exceeds 600px. That should be enough for most images. The width is set to 100% of the available area, and so whether you get scrollbars will depend on how large your screen is. Surely it's better for just the image to get horizontal scrolling if they're larger than your browser window than for the entire post to be made wider so that you have to scroll in order to read the text.

Inline displayed images, either uploaded using the Java uploader or hosted externally should only result in scrollbars if your browser window isn't large enough. There's not much I can do about that... Smiley

You said the Gerald and Michael image had horizontal scrollbars for you - I guess your screen resolution is less than mine, as I have plenty of spare space to the right with the image you eventually posted (it probably helps that I'm viewing it on a 19" widescreen display). Whether other people get scrollbars will depend on their screen - just because you did doesn't mean other people would have. Equally, just because you don't get scrollbars now doesn't mean that no-one else would (if you viewed this site on a phone or PDA or other similarly small-sized device, you'd still get scrollbars). That's something neither you or I have any control over.

Incidentally, when you attach an image, if you click on the attached image filename, the image will be displayed in a separate window...

Something else I will say, is this forum is to a large degree on it's default settings with "one size fits all". If there's a particular setting which isn't working very well for the way we want to use this forum, then I'm quite happy to try and tweak the settings. Just drop me a message, either in a public post or by PM. You should have to put up with being frustrated (provided your frustrations are reasonable...)

IP Logged

K
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 12. May 2008 at 23:01
Print Post  
Thanks Quantum for your thoughtful and clear explanation. I had forgotten that if one has a larger or wide screen monitor, the scroll bar problem might not be an issue. I'm still on a 17" CRT monitor, so that explains a lot. I really don't mean to complain, but as I said it gets frustrating. I guess because before the domain change the pictures didn't have scroll bars (as far as I recall). But I understand that this is a different system. I'll just try to live with it.

Quantum, you said: "You should have to put up with being frustrated (provided your frustrations are reasonable...)"

...didn't you mean "...should not have to..."
Wink

By the way: Thanks a lot for getting rid of the vertical scroll bar. Now the bottom picture of Patrick is all there with no scroll bar!  Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print