Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Freddie Highmore Interview (Read 4,659 times)
josh007
Ex Member

Freddie Highmore Interview
15. Apr 2007 at 06:53
Print Post  
Freddie Highmore
Date of Birth : 14th February 1992

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

josh007
Ex Member

Freddie Highmore Interview
Reply #1 - 15. Apr 2007 at 07:04
Print Post  
From this Website
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)
@ copyright this website (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

You had to learn to play some musical instruments for ‘August Rush’. What were they and were they difficult to learn?

For 'August Rush' I had to learn to play the guitar, a bit of piano and the organ. I also had to conduct an orchestra. The guitar was probably most fun. The oran was tricky because not only are there several keyboards for your hands but also one for your feet. I though conducting would be just waving my arms about so the hours of preparation for that were a bit of a shock. However, conducting in the middle of the night in Central Park in front of a full orchestra was pretty special.

When filming ‘August Rush’ in New York, did you get any free time to visit some of the famous landmarks?

I've been able to go to New York a few times so I've seen most of the main sights. Just being out and about in Manhattan is what's always most impressive to me.

Did you have to master an American accent for the film [August Rush]? If so, was it easy to pick up, or quite difficult?

August Rush is American. I gave the accent my best shot. I'm also playing American twins in 'The Spiderwick Chronicles'.

You filmed the live action parts of ‘Arthur & the Invisibles’ in France. What was your favourite ‘live-action’ scene to film?

In 'Arthur and the Invisibles' I had to climb a water towers and fall in. I climbed the tower and then we re-staged the falling in at a swimming pool. I remember this because it was the last shot of the shoot in Normandy. When we wrapped, the director Luc Besson had his helicopter land next to the pool so that I could fly straight back to London. - Since then I've always added 'try to be' if people ask me if I'm a normal kid.

Was it strange recording the voiceover for ‘Arthur…’ when you had to ‘speak’ to someone who wasn’t there?

Actually I've been alone in the sound studio for all my voice-overs so I'm used to speaking to people who aren't actually there. For some of 'Arthur' the sound producer was in Los Angeles, the director was in Paris and I was in Montreal.

Had you met any of the other voiceover actors before the film premiere?

No, I hadn't met any of the American voice-over actors in 'Arthur' before the premiere.

Are you able to confirm whether you will be participating in the next ‘Arthur...’ films?

Yes, I am scheduled to make two sequels to 'Arthur' this summer.

In ‘The Spiderwick Chronicles’, you play twins. What was that like?

One of the main reasons I did 'The Spiderwick Chronicles' was the opportunity to play twins. At first I thought I might go mad but gradually I found I could get my head inside both of theirs!

Are there many special effects in ‘The Spiderwick Chronicles’?
If so, can you tell us about them?

'The Spiderwick Chronicles' is full of special effects. At least I hope it is because otherwise I'm going to look really silly just talking to various red crosses taped to a blue screen!

Did you and Sarah Bolger get on well during filming? Was it easy to play brother/s and sister?

It was funny when Sarah and I were being considered for our roles. We both thought that the other had been so good at the screen test that we wouldn't get it because the film wouldn't cast two Europeans as American. But they did - so lucky me!

What was the best bit about filming ‘The Spiderwick Chronicles’?

I reckon much of what makes anything you do good or bad is the people you do it with. Montreal was also a great place. It's French but American.

If you could give one piece of advice to someone going to their first audition, what would it be?

My advice would probably be "Don't listen to Highmore"!

Do you think being successful in the acting world is all about talent, or do you have to have a certain amount of luck as well?

I try to work as hard as I can but I guess a lot of people would say I'm living proof that it's mostly about luck!

Will you be participating in any more projects in the near future, or are you just going to take time to focus on schoolwork at the moment?

I'm going to LA for Easter to complete 'Spiderwick'. During the summer holidays I'm scheduled to do the live action part of 'Arthur II & III'. I also want to promote 'August Rush' which I think premieres in early autumn. In between times I try to be [!] like every other kid - working towards my exams next year and still having a bit of fun. 'Fun', however, in my school teachers' eyes involves us dragging ourselves up a Welsh mountain this weekend to camp!

How easy is it to just be “you”? Do you ever feel unable to do something you would like to do because of the worry of the press misinterpreting it?

I guess some people are always looking to be negative. I avoid press about me because although hopefully some people will be nice, you just know that there will be others running things down. At school or with my friends I'm really happy to carry on as usual like before I did films.

How would you spend your ideal or dream day?

Well actually with the amount of Geograpy course work that I'm doing at the moment, anything that doesn't involve 'The Gentrification of North London since the 1960's' sounds fine!

IP Logged

TheSwede
Platinum Member

Tack ska du ha.

Re: Freddie Highmore Interview
Reply #2 - 20. Dec 2007 at 00:20
Print Post  
Okay, so August Rush is out too, and I've heard some wonderful things about it.  Anyone HERE care to comment?  How was it?  And why isn't it even in our Database???

IP Logged

hosenhaus
BA Moderator

spheroid

Reply #3 - 20. Dec 2007 at 10:35
Print Post  
TheSwede wrote on 20. Dec 2007 at 00:20:
And why isn't it even in our Database???

The database is not yet back to full power.  So have patience.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) spiderwick.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Quantum
BA Administrator

BA Member

Reply #4 - 20. Dec 2007 at 19:52
Print Post  
hosenhaus wrote on 20. Dec 2007 at 10:35:
The database is not yet back to full power.  So have patience.

The database isn't far off being ready for new additions (you may have noticed that I have added Life is Wild when I was testing the code...). The code would probably have been finished by now had I not had a hard drive fail on me last week...

IP Logged

TheSwede
Platinum Member

Tack ska du ha.

Reply #5 - 18. Jan 2008 at 18:23
Print Post  
Well, August Rush has made it to the Dollar Theater today, so I think I will go see it!  And tomorrow starts the Sundance Film Festival...

IP Logged

Zabladowski
BA Moderator

The Wish Meister

Reply #6 - 20. Jan 2008 at 04:42
Print Post  
August Rush profile up and running....Now it needs the Swede to rate the film..... Smiley

IP Logged

TheSwede
Platinum Member

Tack ska du ha.

Reply #7 - 26. Mar 2008 at 05:39
Print Post  
Saw August Rush... and loved it.  Yeah, the script was a bit weak, but the music (and Freddie) were awesome!  If you like music or Freddie, you'll probably be glad you went...

IP Logged

Gatekeeper
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 03. May 2008 at 02:37
Print Post  
Loved August Rush!  I plan to see it again, as I see some films more than once.  I have seen every Freddie film I have been able to get my hands on, or have seen in theaters.  He is a wonderful boy actor.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print