Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic A few notes and comments (Read 3,959 times)
Quantum
BA Administrator

BA Member

A few notes and comments
31. Oct 2007 at 21:36
Print Post  
Hopefully everything is running correctly. Let me know if you get any errors reported.

You should be able to upload your own custom avatar - I've uploaded a handful from the previous forum. I did get some errors on some of them (I don't know why...) so if anyone has problems uploading an avatar, let me know. If needs be I should be able to sort it out manually. (I'd prefer avatars to be on this server rather than a third party server as it makes for faster loading...)

None of the images previously attached to posts will be showing up as they all point at the old server, which is no longer available. I haven't decided whether I'm going to do anything about changing the links and putting the images on the server here as it would probably be a very time-consuming job...

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Re: A few notes and comments
Reply #1 - 03. Nov 2007 at 06:11
Print Post  
I'm impressed by the way things are working already. It's also considerably faster than the previous server.   Smiley

IP Logged

Quantum
BA Administrator

BA Member

Re: A few notes and comments
Reply #2 - 03. Nov 2007 at 09:14
Print Post  
cal-Q-L8 wrote on 03. Nov 2007 at 06:11:
It's also considerably faster than the previous server.   Smiley

Well the server is located in the biggest data centre in Europe - with some pretty high speed connections out of it. It also has a direct connection to the local power station (and diesel backup generators...). In all the years I've been hosting with them, I've never had any downtime (although I understand some of their dedicated server accounts were down for a couple of hours earlier in the week...)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print